By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo: The Master Chief Collection will have a 20GB day one "content update".

WagnerPaiva said:
I will stay away from this stinker as one avoids the Ebola.

So nothing has changed? xD

Around the Network
D-Joe said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Well I plan on buying it digitally. I wonder if that version includes the update.

Yeah, as always.

Just to clarify, what I'm saying is I hope the pre-order download includes the update. It would suck if I have to do another download when the game is officially released.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

funny that no one actually reads what´s the deal with the patch before commenting on it, maybe the op should be updated with more informations?

20GB multiplayer download. At least you can play the single player until it finishes updating.
Doesn't affect those without live gold. It's a lot though, I'm skipping 7GB ps+ game downloads as I have to watch my data caps. 20GB is 25% of my monthly limit :/

So was it completed late or are they simply too strapped for cash that they couldn't print a second blu-ray disk. Surely in marketing it sounds better to have 2 disks, than 20GB download required for online play. Throw in an audio CD to complete the package.

ganoncrotch said:
Cobretti2 said:
FMD and people will defend this practice.

It's not like they're charging for the content or so, People aren't outraged by psn/xbla games being a full game you download so just think of this as a half way point, half you get in the store and the other half you download when you get it home for no extra cash. Sure it isn't ideal but otherwise the game would be delayed beyond the 10 year anniversary of Halo 2's launch since they couldn't start printing disks until all this 20gb was ready to be added to the disks.

Its al because they wanted 1 disc instead of two.

Personally I think its total BS if you paying full price for a full game.

Also what happens when the gen ends and they shut down the service and your xbox one craps itself? Oh you will be left with 2/3rds of a game. Video gaming consoles are meant to be easy not a chore. Don't want to be making backups in the event it may fail because I can't download the patch again.

Around the Network
iceland said:
WagnerPaiva said:
I will stay away from this stinker as one avoids the Ebola.

So nothing has changed? xD

I still hate HALO, but my copy of MARIO STRIKERS CHARGED just arrived in the mail, I am playing that right now and LOVING IT. So, that changed...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Cobretti2 said:
ganoncrotch said:
Cobretti2 said:

It's not like they're charging for the content or so, People aren't outraged by psn/xbla games being a full game you download so just think of this as a half way point, half you get in the store and the other half you download when you get it home for no extra cash. Sure it isn't ideal but otherwise the game would be delayed beyond the 10 year anniversary of Halo 2's launch since they couldn't start printing disks until all this 20gb was ready to be added to the disks.

Also what happens when the gen ends and they shut down the service and your xbox one craps itself? Oh you will be left with 2/3rds of a game. Video gaming consoles are meant to be easy not a chore. Don't want to be making backups in the event it may fail because I can't download the patch again.

That's what is gonna happen for the 360, PS3, and so forth. They'll have to be hacked and allow all the patchesd/DLC dumped for back up. When dealing with hardware failures in the future.

archer9234 said:
Cobretti2 said:
ganoncrotch said:
Cobretti2 said:

That's what is gonna happen for the 360, PS3, and so forth. They'll have to be hacked and allow all the patchesd/DLC dumped for back up. When dealing with hardware failures in the future.

yer but most a minor patches. games like Skyrim I returend on the PS3 because of the major problems the game had for me without patches. i.e. slowing down to being unplayable.  

All last gen did was make me more hesitant to buy games that required major updates to them. This will be exacly the same for me. Totally put me off.

Ehhh, I really don't like these big patches. :(

That is a s***ton of data. o.O