By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo: The Master Chief Collection will have a 20GB day one "content update".

this generation is gonna be brutal to those that have data caps

Around the Network
FIT_Gamer said:

Is that on top of 65gb game install? If so that's insane.

Halo MCC bluray disk content  45gb + Update 20 gb = 65 gb.

This is just so unacceptable. Consoles are just under powered pc's now. I guess they always were but now are losing the advantages they had.

green_sky said:
This is just so unacceptable. Consoles are just under powered pc's now. I guess they always were but now are losing the advantages they had.

PS2 had the most powerful GPU upon "release".

daredevil.shark said:
green_sky said:

PS2 had the most powerful GPU upon "release".

Yet it was the weakest console during its gen. So, that gpu advantage lasted a while eh.

Around the Network

Either they have a lot of code literally full of bugs, their other content is full of bugs, or their update system just sucks. My bet is on the last one. That said, everyone's update systems seem to suck these days when even simple fixes can be several gigabytes.

BTW porting 4 games are not easy. It takes a lot of manpower and resources. I hope it doesnt effect Halo 5.

20GB?! Well that sucks. There should be a law made to stop developers from releasing incomplete games and requiring the installation of huge updates.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Mr Puggsly said:
Well I plan on buying it digitally. I wonder if that version includes the update.

Yeah, as always.

I will stay away from this stinker as one avoids the Ebola.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.