By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors Might Have A Chance to Become the Best Selling DW Game in the US! (If Not Top 3 of the Series)

Well deserved. Hope it continues to do well. I can honestly say that it has become one of my favourite games of all time. I haven't had so much fun and put so many hours in a single game in a few short weeks...
It is so addicting, and so good.

It makes me want to try out other Warriors games, does anybody know if there are any others on Wii U?

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

Dude, it so is the same franchise as Zelda.

It's not in the Dynasty Warriors franchise, it's the same kind of game, but not in the same franchise. It uses Zelda everything, it is in the Zelda franchise.

If this is in the same franchise as Dynasty Warriors then that means PS All Stars and Smash are also in the same franchise.

So, using the Dynasty Warriors name, gameplay, development team, and publisher does not count as "dynasty warriors everything"?

If PSASBR was call PlayStation Smash Bros and was made by Sakurai and published by Nintendo (lol) it would indeed by part of the Smash Bros franchise.

Regardless, PSASBR and Smash Bros are both part of the same genre and PSASBR was absolutely compared to Smash sales, mainly to the first installment of the series, despite them not being the same franchise. Because being in the same genre makes two games more comparable than using the same IP, and having the same developer makes them much more comparable (Paper Mario vs Fire Emblem would be a much more informative comparison than Paper Mario vs NSMB).

Ka-pi96 said:

Nope, wouldn't call that the same franchise. I wouldn't call the Dynasty, Samurai, Gundam, One Piece etc Warriors games the same franchise either. They are similar but they are all their own seperate franchises. That are nothing alike other than the gameplay and a slightly similar name.

Sure it's a good comparison to make, just like the PS All Stars vs Smash ones, but I wouldn't call it the same franchise.

Eh, at that point it's a matter of semantics. As long as you see why the sales comparison is justified, the technical status of the IP is moot.

Hyrule Warriors is a crossover, to me it is a spin-off of both Dynasty Warriors and Zelda. But its gameplay is clearly styled after Warriors games (as a genre), so that is the appropriate comparison.

iceland said:
Selling almost purely because of the brand name :P

but congrats I guess...

It is actually a very good game, I guess that helps too :P

FarleyMcFirefly said:
Well deserved. Hope it continues to do well. I can honestly say that it has become one of my favourite games of all time. I haven't had so much fun and put so many hours in a single game in a few short weeks...
It is so addicting, and so good.

It makes me want to try out other Warriors games, does anybody know if there are any others on Wii U?

Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper Edition

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
zippy said:
iceland said:
Selling almost purely because of the brand name :P

but congrats I guess...

It is actually a very good game, I guess that helps too :P

Oh no, it's on a Nintendo system, it can't be a good game. </sarcasm>

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Ok guys, I think I got it. Mario Kart 8 is no longer Mario Kart 8, now it's F-Zero U. Since the new DLC will give it carts from F-Zero, and it has a track from F-Zero, and most likely music from F-Zero.

Ok, that's a bit too much, since it still uses Mario characters... OH! I Got it! MH4G is no longer monster hunter, since it has skins from Mario, Zelda, Sonic, and FF!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

LurkerJ said:
It's the same game. They were all made by the same developer. The comparison is valid. I hate the attention HW gets.

Hard to find a positive thread that doesn't get negative attention these days... Sort of... It's clearly a musou/warriors game. It's named that, plays like that for a reason. 

Good to see it doing well. Could pass another game in the us this holiday. 

I don't think it will top 600k in the US,

Personally I'd think a comparison with the other Musou spin-offs is more interesting, but tbone's comparison is still a thousand times more valid than a comparison with main-line Zelda games for obvious reasons.

Simply put, Link may be on the cover, but people still know it's not a regular Zelda (or Warriors) game. Even the so-called 'casual fans', just by looking at the name. You think they also thought Link's Crossbow Training was a mainline Zelda game?