By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Pins Comeback on Exclusives

man-bear-pig said:
Halo: MCC is a potential game changer in the US and UK at least. Next 2 months will be very interesting

Make a prediction thread! I remember your famous Halo 4 prediction thread with weekly sales and how many users were wrong in this thread. Written gold!

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:
Halo: MCC is a potential game changer in the US and UK at least. Next 2 months will be very interesting

When has have remakes/collection ever been a game changer ?

Nothing points to it really doing anything big hardware wise, but im sure it will sale a few million.

I love how they use the term "exclusive content". Every time I hear a gaming company say "exclusive content" I dont think of new exclusive games. Rather, I just think of DLC for COD to come out first on XBOX.

Microsoft needs to create 1st party exclusives that you can only play on Xbox One. If this is the direction they are going in then I look forward to the future of the Xbox brand.

What exclusives do they that can realistically lead to a comeback or get some momentum going? Not sure if MCC will be that big tbh. Have collection reboot games been that big before? Also in terms of multiplayer, is it one huge multiplayer thing with all maps and modes combined in a Mega multiplayer thing? Or does each version have its own multiplayer? How ill that bode in the end for mp?

Around the Network
TheSpindler said:
What exclusives do they that can realistically lead to a comeback or get some momentum going? Not sure if MCC will be that big tbh. Have collection reboot games been that big before? Also in terms of multiplayer, is it one huge multiplayer thing with all maps and modes combined in a Mega multiplayer thing? Or does each version have its own multiplayer? How ill that bode in the end for mp?

There was never a collection done like MCC ever before. Also it's each version with each game but in the same lobby where you can easily switch between the different games.

That said, don't pretend they don't have IPs like Gears or Rare IPs or even Crackdown and I also don't see why they shouldn't be able to create new IPs which could be successful.

He sounded really enthused, I like that hopefully we see some more xbox exclusives that we don't expect in the near future.

Pretend?  I was asking what IPs do they have that can realistically sell well while pushing hardware to a reasonable amount to get their momentum rolling.  Crackdown doesn't seem like a system seller, and Gears of War isn't as new and shiny as it used to be.  It can probably sell well(though the franchise doesn't sell more than 3 mil copies per title), but I'm not sure of it's potential to move hardware anymore.  It seems like a franchise which will sell to the faithful, rather than something that was not only amazing to look at but offered a fresh gameplay experience last gen.

So yes, which exclusives do they have which can fill the criteria I explained above?

The hate in here. Phil Spencer clearly says he has a different approach to previous heads of Xbox. Microsoft sit on some of the best franchises in gaming history. Banjo for one. Give him a chance to put teams together to bring back these names. He clearly is not referring to 3rd party timed here. I said before Phil is what Xbox needed. A

For peoples info, Phil had nothing ti do with the initial agreements with titanfall and horizon 2 etc. His real fruits will be seen at e3 next year. A lot of people will be surprised I think.

But Phil, the PS4 reached 10 mil first! :(