By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Littlebigplanet 3: Likely the highest rated new game that Sony is going to put out this year, why is interest so low?

I don't care much about the strory mode what i'm interested in is user levels

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
teigaga said:

I haven't played the game so I can't say, but it looks like they've just been working off the backbone that MM build so its kinda of expected for it to offer subtle gameplay improvements.... Having said that I'm not sure what huge leap you're refering to? The game looks cute but I've yet to see anythng hugely progressive or inventive which is what MM do so well.

Seriously, you are so wrong thinking it's not a huge leap. Unless you create, which is the reason for LBP3s existence, You're never going to understand it. There are 70 completely new features and tweaks to existing features. Creators can now do things they only ever dreamed of before. The animation and rotation chip ALONE changes everything, as does being able to allow create tools into levels.

This helps too. It will be interesting to see if you even spot the big leap here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtG2FyD1pXM

I do spot the difference and the tier jumping was unnecessarily awkward in previous games. But Again, these are gameplay tweaks... I think you're kind of missing my point. I'm sure the game will improve upon things the other games started and be a more refined version but I haven't seen the same level of inventiveness MM brought to the table. Even though I don't think LBP2 was neccessary on PS3, it still blew open the doors in terms of the the kind of user generated content you could create, like FPS's and entirely new genres unseen in the orginal. If this game does that to the same degree, I've yet to see it and I'm not gonna go around the web searching for it either lol

Refering back to my original post, this is why I'm not hugely excited about the game, I'm not saying it won't be better then LBP2. 

Sharpryno said:
game will probably score high, not as high as the first two, but gloating about this game is embarrassing.

I'm not sure that word means what you think it means.  The only thing the OP is discussing is that LBP is usually a very well received game (critically and by fans), and that the content the community comes up with can be truly special.  Is it gloating to wonder why nobody's talking about it? (That's not the definition of gloating).

Erwin-VGC said:
I have tried the first LBP, but I did not like because it is 'floaty' or something.

That's the same reason I didn't like it.  LBP2 is less floaty and LBP Vita is even less floaty than that, so the games feel much better to play and are really good games.  Best 2D platformers I've played in quite awhile outside of a couple PSP games. 

User created levels can change the amount of gravity as well so even less floaty than the Vita version which already isn't that floaty.

i can't wait, loved the 1st and PSP version but could not get into the LBP2 with that grappling hook mechanic. This one looks awesome though

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

Around the Network
teigaga said:
GribbleGrunger said:
teigaga said:

I haven't played the game so I can't say, but it looks like they've just been working off the backbone that MM build so its kinda of expected for it to offer subtle gameplay improvements.... Having said that I'm not sure what huge leap you're refering to? The game looks cute but I've yet to see anythng hugely progressive or inventive which is what MM do so well.

Seriously, you are so wrong thinking it's not a huge leap. Unless you create, which is the reason for LBP3s existence, You're never going to understand it. There are 70 completely new features and tweaks to existing features. Creators can now do things they only ever dreamed of before. The animation and rotation chip ALONE changes everything, as does being able to allow create tools into levels.

This helps too. It will be interesting to see if you even spot the big leap here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtG2FyD1pXM

I do spot the difference and the tier jumping was unnecessarily awkward in previous games. But Again, these are gameplay tweaks... I think you're kind of missing my point. I'm sure the game will improve upon things the other games started and be a more refined version but I haven't seen the same level of inventiveness MM brought to the table. Even though I don't think LBP2 was neccessary on PS3, it still blew open the doors in terms of the the kind of user generated content you could create, like FPS's and entirely new genres unseen in the orginal. If this game does that to the same degree, I've yet to see it and I'm not gonna go around the web searching for it either lol

Refering back to my original post, this is why I'm not hugely excited about the game, I'm not saying it won't be better then LBP2. 

It's not just tier jumping. You see, the problem is that people who don't create will just look at this and take what they're seeiing for granted. We can now create true isometric levels which was impossible in LBP2. We can also create top down games which was also impossible in LBP2, unless you used a glitch which always looked pretty messy. The animation and character control tweakers enable us to change the way sackboy plays. We can now create our own jump mechanics and the animations that go with it.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

The animation and character control tweakers enable us to change the way sackboy plays. We can now create our own jump mechanics and the animations that go with it.

I know I'm not the one you are talking to, but I think that is part of the reason I don't like LBP. When I play a platformer, I want it to feel good when I play it, I don't want the mechanics to be changing on me every time I boot up a new level. Platformers become Zen-like experiences if they are done right...you just fall into a place where you can play them purely physically, you don't even have to think and your fingers are making the character do amazing things. LBP doesn't feel good to play by default (or at least all of the LBP I've played) and the fact that people can change that around doesn't make it better, it just makes me feel like I have to repeatedly relearn the game, instead of just becoming perfectly in tune with the mechanics. 

I would like to try the Vita version though, as Kupo said its the least floaty...

Can't wait for this game, finally I will be able to use my PS4, unless I'm too busy on the WiiU with Bayonetta and Smash Bros.

I have them all, even the Vita version.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.