By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Littlebigplanet 3: Likely the highest rated new game that Sony is going to put out this year, why is interest so low?

Such a fun and original game.

Around the Network

I'm assuming you folks know the NDA has been removed? Just search for LBP3 Beta on Youtube and you'll find lots of enlightenment.

The PS5 Exists. 

LBP's a pretty awesome title, imo. Even into my early 30's, I'd play it with my brother who's in his late 30's. Something everyone can enjoy.

This kind of games don't sell on hype, LBP3 is not mainly directed at the hardcore market. It will help the PS4 to get a family friendly aura. It is supposed to sell for a long time ahead.

IamAwsome said:
Eh, Sony just isn't hyping the game up. They did the same thing with Karting and the Vita game. It will probably sell decently, but not as good as past games.

The lack of hype by Sony isn't the only reason that LBP3 won't do so well as the PS3 games.   I believe people are tired of the franchise gameplay really.

Tearaway should have been a PS4 title instead of a Vita one.

Around the Network
zumnupy10 said:
IamAwsome said:
Eh, Sony just isn't hyping the game up. They did the same thing with Karting and the Vita game. It will probably sell decently, but not as good as past games.

The lack of hype by Sony isn't the only reason that LBP3 won't do so well as the PS3 games.   I believe people are tired of the franchise gameplay really.

Top down, isometric, sidescrolling and 3rd person ... What's not to like?

The PS5 Exists. 

I don't know about everyone else, but LBP has never been a series i get hyped about. I know i'll definitely buy it at some point, and i know i'll enjoy the hell out of it, but i don't really feel the need to exited myself over it.

I have a similar relationship with Nintendo's game.

I love LBP but this game doesn't really excite me. The minute I saw it I knew it wasn't made by MM.

Not to say it will be bad, but it doesn't have any to really reignite my interest outside of being available for PS4. Even then it looks like a ps3 game.

The thing  about this franchise is that it doesn't really need sequel, 1 per gen would cool. 2 was unnecessary in my opinion and being cross gen doesn't do this game any favours from my perspective.

zumnupy10 said:
IamAwsome said:

Tearaway will come to be ps4 too

I played the first one, the PSP and the Vita version and I only finished the Vita version, mainly because I find it perfect for handhelds.

The first LBP was cool and all, but IMO interest dropped a bit, and Sackboy didnt manage to garner a truly breakout popularity.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!