By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Littlebigplanet 3: Likely the highest rated new game that Sony is going to put out this year, why is interest so low?

GribbleGrunger said:
teigaga said:

I love LBP but this game doesn't really excite me. The minute I saw it I knew it wasn't made by MM.

Not to say it will be bad, but it doesn't have any to really reignite my interest outside of being available for PS4. Even then it looks like a ps3 game.

The thing  about this franchise is that it doesn't really need sequel, 1 per gen would cool. 2 was unnecessary in my opinion and being cross gen doesn't do this game any favours from my perspective.

LOL. This game is a huge leap over what MM did.

I haven't played the game so I can't say, but it looks like they've just been working off the backbone that MM build so its kinda of expected for it to offer subtle gameplay improvements.... Having said that I'm not sure what huge leap you're refering to? The game looks cute but I've yet to see anythng hugely progressive or inventive which is what MM do so well.

Around the Network

I will get it in 2015. I never get to finish LP1. Its a good game but its not my type.

For me, LBP was a beautiful and creative game. Never made a level but I played a lot. It lacked personality but the quality couldn't be denied.

I got the PSP game and it was surprisingly good, too.

I got LBP2 and it was better but it was more of the same.

People said the Vita game was the best of them all but I had no interest in the game. Same goes for this one. Just not feeling it. It'll be quality but that Sack Boy fabric is starting to wear thin.

It isn't being developed by Media Molecule so I've got my doubts. Beta content is looking good though.

Panama said:
It isn't being developed by Media Molecule so I've got my doubts. Beta content is looking good though.

LittleBigPlanet for PS Vita wasn't made by Media Molecule either and it is the best one without a doubt. 

Around the Network

Personally, I never cared for the little big planet games. I do, however, appreciate the art direction and the basic concept, it's just that I don't care to put the time into building a level and there's just a vast ocean of garbage to sift through to find user generated stuff that isn't horrible (though MM did help with community highlights and such, but it's hard to find that thrill of discovering a diamond in the rough).

That and the whole interface is clunky as hell. The basic controls are designed for a 2D side scrolling platformer, but the three levels of depth often make pitfalls of nothing and made the overall experience far more frustrating than it ever should have been.

game will probably score high, not as high as the first two, but gloating about this game is embarrassing.

I never understood why LBP gets a review score based on POTENTIAL user creations etc. Its not like the first 2 gad good gameplay or whatever. The user created content is what makes them stand out the most.

teigaga said:

I haven't played the game so I can't say, but it looks like they've just been working off the backbone that MM build so its kinda of expected for it to offer subtle gameplay improvements.... Having said that I'm not sure what huge leap you're refering to? The game looks cute but I've yet to see anythng hugely progressive or inventive which is what MM do so well.

Seriously, you are so wrong thinking it's not a huge leap. Unless you create, which is the reason for LBP3s existence, You're never going to understand it. There are 70 completely new features and tweaks to existing features. Creators can now do things they only ever dreamed of before. The animation and rotation chip ALONE changes everything, as does being able to allow create tools into levels.

This helps too. It will be interesting to see if you even spot the big leap here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtG2FyD1pXM

The PS5 Exists. 

game is already bought :P