By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: They'll put Mario skins in Splatoon, and it will ruin it

Tagged games:

Yooka said:

There were two unidentified pictures with the title of Mario on the map selection...

*shrug* well, they're not character skins. Weird that there aren't pictures, that might mean that those maps aren't actually on-disc, which would probably make them the last ones added. The concern was that Nintendo wouldn't allow the IP to stand on its own, but they have already done that.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

The biggest thing Splatoon has going for it at the moment is that it's the first time in a long time that Nintendo has pushed a brand new first party IP. (That's not an obscure eshop title, anyway) Don't get me wrong it looks damn good; fresh, inventive, yet classically Nintendo. But it is its status as a brand new franchise that's getting the most attention.

However, with Nintendo's obsession with transplanting their popular characters into other franchises, I have a feeling that sooner or later, stuff like being able to play as Mario with FLUDD will infect Splatoon. And guess what everyone's favourite skin to use online will become? 

Before you know it, Splatoon will have become Mario Paintball, and its greatest asset, its freshness, will be jettisoned like a ued syringe.

This is their chance to show they're not just an old IP factory, but it will slip through their fingers if they shoehorn overused characters into it.

I hope I'm wrong, but if it happens, I called it.

I hope they don't.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

the_dengle said:
Yooka said:

There were two unidentified pictures with the title of Mario on the map selection...

*shrug* well, they're not character skins. Weird that there aren't pictures, that might mean that those maps aren't actually on-disc, which would probably make them the last ones added. The concern was that Nintendo wouldn't allow the IP to stand on its own, but they have already done that.

Well, I want some Mario in the game. :)

Cameos are cool.

Yooka said:

Well, I want some Mario in the game. :)

Cameos are cool.

I dig a level or two, people have been throwing that idea around for a while. Usually Isle Delfino, but the titles being "wiimario" seems to suggest otherwise.

Anyway like I said, the game has already been out for almost a month and we're looking at at least the next month's worth of content here and there is no Mario, so Nintendo has already done what many here feared they would not.

I wouldn't mind a Sunshine stage, but yeah I'm starting to feel like Mario in Splatoon is unnecessary.

It's selling very well in Japan at the very least, so it doesn't really need Mario.

Around the Network

I don't think it will happen. FLUDD weapon though, definitely.

id actually like to have a mario sunshine type of deal in splatoon, one time has to ink the area like normal but the other team has to use water guns and use actual water to clean out the space. dirtiest or cleanest map wins

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
id actually like to have a mario sunshine type of deal in splatoon, one time has to ink the area like normal but the other team has to use water guns and use actual water to clean out the space. dirtiest or cleanest map wins

So basically turf war except one team is gimped by not being able to use squid form.

Well, it`s good to see they didn`t really rely on Mario to sell this game, and on its own, it seems to be doing pretty well. Though I wouldn`t mind some Mario content, or any content from other games, like a Mario hat or something. A mode vs Mario would also be pretty cool.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

It could just turn into Animal Crossing. Where they add Nintendo franchises through items you can buy, and clothes too - which im sure didn't ruined the franchise.

Pocky Lover Boy!