By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: They'll put Mario skins in Splatoon, and it will ruin it

Tagged games:

They put Gears of War characters in Lost Planet.

Killed the franchise.

Around the Network

Didn't Miayamoto say no Mario?

Kratos is in Mortal Kombat. A spartan is in Dead or Alive. LBP has tons of characters. Games ruined :(

JayWood2010 said:

Kratos is in Mortal Kombat. A spartan is in Dead or Alive. Games ruined. LBP has tons of characters. Games ruined :(

Did any of those games come from a company that was struggling with an image of rehashing existing characters?

curl-6 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Kratos is in Mortal Kombat. A spartan is in Dead or Alive. Games ruined. LBP has tons of characters. Games ruined :(

Did any of those games come from a company that was struggling with an image of rehashing existing characters?

Listen, i see your point.  I too criticize Nintendo for living off mainly Mario and in fact it has turned me against Nintendo in ways.  I don't believe making Mario a skin would ruin the game though, nor do i think it would be the most played character in the game.  The only thing it would do is boost finances as it would likely be paid DLC.  As long as the title is Splatoon and the original game is revolved aroound the Squid people then it likely wont be criticized for unoriginality.  Mario isnt the focus this time which is good enough for most people.  Just as Kratos, The spartan, or any other skins in games werent the main focus, neither will Mario.

Around the Network

For me the main selling point of Splatoon is the fresh gameplay idea, so having Mario skins in it wouldn't particularly make a difference. I guess I'd rather they didn't do that and just kept it as a completely new IP, but saying that Mario appearing in it would "ruin" it is going a bit far I think.

That's it, i'm selling my Wii U, it has to much Mario... it just kills it for me.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I doubt Mario will be put in there. I can see accessories though: Mario's hat or Samus's arm cannon?

Now that the game has been datamined and we can say with certainty that there are no Mario skins involved, or shoehorned Mario content of any kind, it's time to give this thread a good old-fashioned bump.

the_dengle said:

Now that the game has been datamined and we can say with certainty that there are no Mario skins involved, or shoehorned Mario content of any kind, it's time to give this thread a good old-fashioned bump.

There were two unidentified pictures with the title of Mario on the map selection...