By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: They'll put Mario skins in Splatoon, and it will ruin it

Tagged games:

the_dengle said:
curl-6 said:
=

One of Nintendo's biggest image problems is that "they just rehash the same characters/IPs".

Splatoon shows this isn't the case, but putting a Mario skin it in would make it just be seen as more proof of the above statement.

It's a public image thing.

Can I ask for clarification here? You're saying replacing the Inklings with Mario skins would ruin the game. Can Mario show his face at all? What if there's a little mini-game where he cleans up the mess with the FLUDD -- as long as you can't play as Mario in regular matches, this doesn't interfere with the game experience, right?

Bloopers have already been spotted in the game, and that doesn't seem to have ruined anything... we are walking a fine line here.

It won't ruin the game as in make it not fun, but I feel it'll ruin this opportunity to show they're not entirely reliant on old IPs.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

It won't ruin the game as in make it not fun, but I feel it'll ruin this opportunity to show they're not entirely reliant on old IPs.

So, the presence of the blooper already fits the bill? Set some parameters for your ultimatum, please. Can there be nods and references to other Nintendo IP in the game, or is even the slightest whiff of Mario strictly forbidden?

They made Bayonetta put on a Peach outfit. Peach being pretty much the antithesis to anything Bayonetta stands for.
Haven't heard anyone calling the game ruined.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

the_dengle said:
curl-6 said:

So, the presence of the blooper already fits the bill? Set some parameters for your ultimatum, please. Can there be nods and references to other Nintendo IP in the game, or is even the slightest whiff of Mario strictly forbidden?

Playable Mario (skin) is the parameter.

curl-6 said:

Playable Mario (skin) is the parameter.

Then I'm not worried. The developers and Miyamoto have already talked about the development process and the stage at which they dismissed Mario as the player character because he wouldn't be appropriate for the theme of the game. I don't expect them to go back on that decision and shoehorn him in anyway, because at that point there would have been no reason to dismiss him in the first place.

Around the Network

Mario DLC would be easy cash for Nintendo. There's a good chance it'll happen, and while it won't ruin the game, it will be pretty annoying to have a 'new IP' feel like a Mario spinoff.

The game will be ruined just by adding skins? I mean what??

POE said:
The game will be ruined just by adding skins? I mean what??

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6752924

I dont think so

I would prefer for them to give an italian-brotha a rest this time around LOL!

Just let the game sculpt its own image and fan-base

If they do decide to put Mario in it though, they should wait until the game has broken the 1-mill barrier or wait until it's been out for atleast a year. THEN, you should make the Mario skin hard to get to lessen the chances of multiple people using Mario. Or Maybe they can make him weak or something.

So an option in a game will ruin the game?