By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales: Week 41, 2014 (Oct 06 - Oct 12)

tbone51 said:
the_dengle said:
Dat pie chart.

So much hate for the New 3DS. It's a true upgrade, something the XL was not. It has many advantages over the original 3DS models, but it is not essential going forward. Your old 3DS (and MY old 3DS, which I will not be replacing any time soon) has not lost value, will not be abandoned in favor of the New models, will still play all of the games you've bought for it just fine.

So why the New models then? Well, why replace the DS with the DS Lite? Why replace the GBA with the GBA SP? Why replace the Vita with the Vita Slim? New 3DS has a lot of features that enhance the user experience, but only one announced exclusive, and it's a port of a Wii game. When is the last time a next-gen console or handheld launched without any exclusive software, with only one exclusive slated for release at any time in the future? Old 3DS development isn't being dropped for this thing.

People dont want 3ds to be over 100mil :P 

You should set your goals lower. Needs to aim for surpassing the PSP first.

(lol at your old 3DS not losing value. It's value has practically dropped in half. Don't think I could sell mine for $100 )

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Busted said:

Finally! The Vita has beaten the 3DS

#2ThingsdontlieCATSandFACTS

Wow! now that's cherry picking lol :D.

tbone51 said:
outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:
NintendoPie said:
tbone51 said:

tbone, I don't know how you can tell Ninpie to not talk sales and then make a post like this.

When a series is no longer growing, then it's going downhill. It may eventually plateau, but Monster Hunter is not growing. It's decreasing in popularity.

As for the comparison of PS4 to PS2. Of course it was always going to be downhill for the a single console after PS2. PS2 is king, and we'll never see that type of dominance in this industry ever again. PS4, while doing very well, isn't the PS2. it's ok to say that.

Downhill is the same when people use the word flop/bomb. Its over exaggerating. People who say PS4 is going Downhill because PS2 160mil seems silly to me.

If a game sells 5mil then bext entries sell 4mil, i guess its going downhill? Omg, i cant :-/

Its the same thing with COD. When Ghosts sold less than the previous entries al of COD haters said the series is going downhill and I don't mean in quality :P.

tbone51 said:
the_dengle said:

Just trying to keep you out of trouble. After all, who would be the #1 Smasher around here if you got banned?

You would be number 1

No, there are at least a dozen users who would have to be banned in order for me to take that place. Hahaha. Anyway, sales and stuff... pretty good...

outlawauron said:

(lol at your old 3DS not losing value. It's value has practically dropped in half. Don't think I could sell mine for $100 )

I wasn't referring to its financial value as an investment, but to its value to me as a gaming device. It seems like you may have understood that as indicated by the smiley face, but I wanted to clarify. It's normal for technology to depreciate in value. It starts the minute you open the box. :P

Around the Network

Wow, all 4 versions of the 3DS added together make up more than 85% of all HW sales in Japan this week

outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:
the_dengle said:
Dat pie chart.

So much hate for the New 3DS. It's a true upgrade, something the XL was not. It has many advantages over the original 3DS models, but it is not essential going forward. Your old 3DS (and MY old 3DS, which I will not be replacing any time soon) has not lost value, will not be abandoned in favor of the New models, will still play all of the games you've bought for it just fine.

So why the New models then? Well, why replace the DS with the DS Lite? Why replace the GBA with the GBA SP? Why replace the Vita with the Vita Slim? New 3DS has a lot of features that enhance the user experience, but only one announced exclusive, and it's a port of a Wii game. When is the last time a next-gen console or handheld launched without any exclusive software, with only one exclusive slated for release at any time in the future? Old 3DS development isn't being dropped for this thing.

People dont want 3ds to be over 100mil :P 

You should set your goals lower. Needs to aim for surpassing the PSP first.

Realistically its currently 70mil (i kno low for Tbone51!!!)

Oh well, 3ds sales are going to be terrible thisyear in the West, i hope next year it'll be a nice increase YoY

the_dengle said:

Ach. :/ Sorry about your bet. Has Digimon been confirmed for localization yet?

There was a petition that had really gathered a bunch of signatures. I think Bandai Namco acknowledged it, but sadly it's not a reality, yet T_T

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:
outlawauron said:

Regardless of download cards, they'll still even out. Just pick one tracker and stick with it (they have differed so much week to week on HW and other SW that you can't just say download cards).

Not sure why laughing. Just unsure if it'll break 3 million.

MH4 was at 4.1mil shipment (including digital) and MH4G is 2mil+ with 4 days shipment. I thinkit can hit 3mil. I say 2.8mil by years end and 3.1mil-3.2mil LTD (shipped+digital)

I know Capcom is expecting 3.9 million at the end of March 2015 (shipped + digital). I don't see that happening unless it launches in the West soon. I also just think that the 2 million means there really isn't any supply constraint. It's not going to sell better digitally than the previous MH which barely hit 6 figures.

Monster Hunter 4G is completely sold out in Tokyo (and probably all Japan).

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

tbone51 said:

Thats funny to me. I will be off by 5mil for XY, im not ashamed about it. And that has literally nothing to do with the topic at hand. This just shows your backed into a corner and have to resort to petty insults.

And like i said before that logic is terrible. Pokemon isnt as big as it first was but it remains to be the biggest exclusive franchise (or at least 1st party franchise) of all time despite it being "Downhill" :->

So you agree that I'm right? Good, the first step to accepting the truth is acknowledging your faults.

And what Krezzy said is right. You freak out when someone says anything even slightly negative about anything Nintendo. I was never saying MH is dying, I was saying it's going downhill because, if you look at the numbers, it is, by definition. Does this mean it's bad? No, and if you re-read my first post that you replied to it was obvious that I never thought it was bad.