By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Evil Within was worth every penny.

reggin_bolas said:
I got it yesterday but I like to finish one thing before I start the next. Currently working on Alien Isolation which was for the most part an excellent survival horror game.

I am excited about starting EW though.

I was like having Shadow of Mordor Ps4...but as I finished the main missions, I soon put it back in cover and started this one.  Well had to skip the Infamous First light.

Around the Network
DJEVOLVE said:

If you have not gone out and purchased this game yet, My question to you is why not? If you are a survival horror fan, this game hit it all.  I pulled a all nighter tonight, I popped it in and couldn't stop playing (I also don't start my new job until Nov, More money) This game gives you a real sense of panic in intense parts of the game. So far the bosses have been top notch.  The game does remind me of what Resident evil used to be, however with a hell of a lot more gore.

They change up enemies to keep it new, While also changing atmospheres. This game is a mind trip, while also making you ration your ammo.  I like the gameplay, nice and fluid.  My only complaint is having to hold down the Sneak button but this does also allow you to get up and move when you need to.

I did pick this up at midnight launch with about 40 other people, maybe more.

Did you pick up this game? If so how do you like it so far?

I was playing it last night too and badly wanted to stay up all night but for my current job shift. Damn! 

Ch 9 was fugging creeping me out, That damn bastard kept showing up and always at different times. Fugger.

_mevildan said:
"My only complaint is having to hold down the Sneak button"

You can set the Sneak button to toggle sneaking instead in the options. First thing I did :)

I guess I should have at least checked the Controls. Dammit. I was to intent on playing.

So far, So gory. Playing it on PC.

Around the Network

No I'll probably pick it up sometime down the line aka when it's cheaper. Looks like a game I'll play through once or twice and never pick it up again.

xEvilGruntx said:

So far, So gory. Playing it on PC.

What up yo, I know who you are..... Yaaaaa. Make sure to read the mod rules, No need to get banned.  Cool site but they try to keep it calm, You usually do, As i know you. You name gave it away right away.

Eh, not super interested right now...I may buy it eventually but right now its way down on my "to buy" list.

I have not will not purchase the game, because I am not a survival horror fan, but I have been enjoying watching it on the stream through the PS4.

DJEVOLVE said:

My only complaint is having to hold down the Sneak button but this does also allow you to get up and move when you need to.

I'm always in 2 minds about this. I don't know what is more likely to frustrate my gameplay. Getting into panicky situations, clenching the hands and forgetting to let go of the sneak button, or getting panicky trying to run and not realising I've forgetten to push the unsneak button.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix