By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Evil Within was worth every penny.

If you have not gone out and purchased this game yet, My question to you is why not? If you are a survival horror fan, this game hit it all.  I pulled a all nighter tonight, I popped it in and couldn't stop playing (I also don't start my new job until Nov, More money) This game gives you a real sense of panic in intense parts of the game. So far the bosses have been top notch.  The game does remind me of what Resident evil used to be, however with a hell of a lot more gore.

They change up enemies to keep it new, While also changing atmospheres. This game is a mind trip, while also making you ration your ammo.  I like the gameplay, nice and fluid.  My only complaint is having to hold down the Sneak button but this does also allow you to get up and move when you need to.

I did pick this up at midnight launch with about 40 other people, maybe more.

Did you pick up this game? If so how do you like it so far?

Around the Network

I got it yesterday but I like to finish one thing before I start the next. Currently working on Alien Isolation which was for the most part an excellent survival horror game.

I am excited about starting EW though.

Yes i have ordered it yesterday, should arrive tomorrow. I was afraid this game was gonna turn out generic, but wanted it do well very badly. Well the reviews were mixed, but after further inspection it seems they just don't get it.

Old school survival horror will never get old and this game seems like a mix between RE4 and TLOU, more like RE4 because of the man behind it, but who the hell dares to complain. I can't WAIT!!

8 chapters in now, really enjoying it, superb game.

Around the Network

I really dislike it right now.

I am on the first chapter though. I got through it the first time with almost no problem and decided to replay it to see if I can get through the first chapter without having to limp the whole time.

I thought maybe I was too slow and got caught and slashed by the chainsaw guy and wanted to see if I can run past him fast enough. I was wrong, it was scripted. And now I am in a never ending hell of being hacked to bits by this stupid chainsaw guy. I've tried throwing the bottle to the other room to distract him but it did nothing. It seems like he is just doing a circle near the counter in the other room and won't walk anywhere else.

He didn't do this the first time I ran through this chapter, I don't know what to do. I may just quit and start playing Isolation.

Any tips on how to get passed the chainsaw guy?

Edit: Nevermind, got passed it after a few more tries. Hopefully I like the rest of the game more. 

Glad you guys are enjoying it, downloaded it but didn't have a chance to play it yesterday. Can't wait for some free time...

Had Evil Within, Isolation and Mordor all pre-ordered in preparation for when I finish sem this Friday. It's going to be a good weekend.

Panama said:
Had Evil Within, Isolation and Mordor all pre-ordered in preparation for when I finish sem this Friday. It's going to be a good weekend.

Both Shawow of Mordor and Alien: Isolation are outstanding games and I am having a hard time chosing which one to play each time I sit in front of my pc.

I can't still decide if I should get Evil Within or not.

Anyway, what I wanted to tell you is that you are gonna have a hell of a weekend!