By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has reached the limits of the Wii U hardware?

gigaSheik said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Another WiiU doom article, another day, next!

Yeah... another one... getting boring already...

Want me to grab some Vita doom articles?

Or better yet some Wii doom articles from 2006

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Zelda will reach those limits.

I hope so, I can't wait for 2016 (I don't believe the projected 2015 release date)

I call bullshit

ExplodingBlock said:
gigaSheik said:

Great idea! I'm feeling Nostalgic.

I don't think the Wii U has reached it's limit but you're entitled to your opinion.  Now, Zelda U may reach that level but that's alright. Also, just because a game is 1080p doesn't make it a worth while game. Bayonetta 2 is receiving great reviews and it's only 720p, I believe.

Around the Network

No, it hasn't. Considering how little Nintendo seem to care about properly pushing the hardware (outside of what they deem artistically necessary), it likely never will be maxed out either.

It's a shame too. Power wise the WiiU is pretty much a potato, but it would still be nice to see exactly what it's capable of. That's half the fun of static hardware :/ (from a technical perspective, anyway).

They use the GamePad's screen a lot. Until there's a respectable game that uses the controller's screen in a very limited way and focuses entirely on a single screen, we won't really know.

The secret behind Super Mario Galaxy was you couldn't really control the screen, same for God of War on PlayStation. Until we see that kind of design again we'll wonder. Just from what they have achieved already with two screens and free roaming camera I'd imagine the Wii U has the potential to go well beyond PS3 levels. But that may take Super Mario Galaxy 3 for us to know.

gigaSheik said:
ExplodingBlock said:
gigaSheik said:

Great idea! I'm feeling Nostalgic.

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/gaming/2006/11/nintendont.html

First off no, and second off they are still overall pumping out some of the best games of this gen (critically and personally speaking) so who cares.

That wacky hair is scarier than his snake-like tongue. Was this on purpose? I think so.