By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter: Xbox One outsold PS4 in September..... (Not A Fact)

I think he was spot on on every NPD month in the last year but for March with Titanfall, but may be another month or so.

He might have some figures that show an incrise in XOne interest in September. Was that enought for that a big of a lead? I don´t know.

EDIT: He was very accurated last month http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251840/analyst-ps4-sales-down-in-august-xbox-one-and-wii-u-sales-jump/

Around the Network

Well, I made the argument that Xbox One could have sold much better in September if they had simply got more Madden bundles out there. Not necessarily enough to counter PS4 Destiny Bundle, but at least get enough to not be a 2 to 1 month like it will probably end up being.

Pachter is clearly trolling here. There's no other reasonable explanation, because when you see him talk he appears intelligent and literate. It's just that his conclusions and opinions are so off the bounds of reality that they defy rational explanation.

At least this time it's SO incredibly blatant that he'll have to make some sort of clarification or correction after the fact, right?

Dark_Feanor said:
I think he was spot on on every NPD month in the last year but for March with Titanfall, but may be another month or so.

He might have some figures that show an incrise in XOne interest in September. Was that enought for that a big of a lead? I don´t know.

I don't think anybody is questioning his XOne prediction, it really might be undertracked on VGC.

It's the PS4 sales prediction that is questioned, it is horribly low following Sony's official statement on Destiny's launch...

Burek said:
Dark_Feanor said:

I don't think anybody is questioning his XOne prediction, it really might be undertracked on VGC.

It's the PS4 sales prediction that is questioned, it is horribly low following Sony's official statement on Destiny's launch...

Yep, and Amazon has been correct in the order of X1 v PS4 sales for all of the months, and this month had TWO PS4 SKUs well ahead of X1.

So if Amazon is correct, the margin is around 2:1 in favor of PS4 v X1 (bearing in mind that Destiny bundle didn't go on sale until the 9th or so iirc).

Its gonna be March all over again. With a twist.

Also:

"From Sept. 7 through 13, Microsoft offered a free game with the purchase of a new Xbox One at participating retailers. I kind of think that free Destiny [for Xbox One] was better than [having to pay] for Destiny on PS4."

He also seems to be suggesting that Destiny sold more on the Xbox One. 

Around the Network

For those of you that are curious, this is what VGChartz shows:

_____________________ PS4 ___ Xbox One
Week Ended 9/6/14: __44,850 ___  32,058
Week Ended 9/13/14: _162,354  __ 88,166
Week Ended 9/20/14: __73,365 __ 44,324
Week Ended 9/27/14: __65,610 __ 41,755
___________TOTAL: _ 346,610 __   206,303

(I didn't even bother trying to figure out the last few days of September, cause those totals already speak for themselves)

So, for Pachter to be right, it would require VGChartz to both majorly over-track PS4, while hugely under-tracking Xbox One sales. Keep in mind, the trend since the beginning of PS4/Xbone launch as been the opposite: VGChartz consistently underestimating PS4 while overestimating Xbox One.

Because of China? Or is it a lie?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:

It's NPD, so US only.  And all signs point towards lie heh.

Funny how the title says not a fact. In truth, it is a fact. Pachter said it. Whether he is right or wrong, it is a fact that he said it...

It is near the end of the end....

mornelithe said:
WagnerPaiva said:

It's NPD, so US only.  And all signs point towards lie heh.

what a shock... He was the only thing I liked on gammetrailers, and I don´t even like him that much.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.