By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBox 360 Exclusives of 2008

I never said it was dead, you all put words in my mouth.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

I can't wait to add Halo 3, Gears 2, Fable 2, and Viva Pinata 2 to the PC exclusives list when they launch on it in a year or 2.

naznatips said:

I can't wait to add Halo 3, Gears 2, Fable 2, and Viva Pinata 2 to the PC exclusives list when they launch on it in a year or 2.

Why people care for games that have been released a year or two beforehand on another system I don't really get.  I've been PC gaming for a long time but I'm not going to fawn over games I *might* get a year later that were available on a console beforehand.  This goes for PC, PS3, 360 or whatever.  It just seems like a prepetual waiting game.  By the time Halo 3, Gears 2, Fable 2, or Viva Pinata 2 might be ported to a PC there will be a ton of other new games already out on both the 360, PS3, PC or whatever.  It's hard getting the time in to play all the great games out now so I don't see the big fuss in year old ports even if they are enhanced.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

Who cares if a game is 360/PC exclusive.

I couldn't care less if Gears 2 or other 360 games end up on the PC, i just want to play those games on my 360 and couldn't care less how i play them. ( my laptop is no good for those games either, although i think it will manage spore)

ToastyJaguar said:
1) Who cares if a game is 360/PC exclusive.

2) I couldn't care less if Gears 2 or other 360 games end up on the PC, i just want to play those games on my 360 and couldn't care less how i play them. ( my laptop is no good for those games either, although i think it will manage spore)

1) The thread is about 360 exclusives. 

2) You could also say that about 360/PS3 games as well. Doesn't make them 360 exclusives. 

Around the Network

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
naznatips said:

Cool. Please do. Tell me Naz, how would you define trolling? I bet you have a very loose definition of what would be considered.

To everyone trying to instigate fights with each other, I'm asking for a truce. We can all have our opinions on the subject, but I didn't want this thread to turn into some 360 vs. PC and PS3 thread. This was meant for people that have interest in the 360, not for those that want to trash it all day with nonsense. If I had the time, I wouldn't even have created an exclusives list. I would have just made a thread for 2008 games whether they be exclusive or multiplatform. Unfortunately I don't get paid for this, thus have to earn my money elsewhere and spend my time there, not here making lists all day.

I personally don't care for any statistics or facts that can be thrown at me. This list was created in response to threads where people wanted to know whether to buy the Xbox 360 or the PS3. I happen to not see threads on this site very frequently asking whether one should get a 360 or upgrade their PC.

I acknowledge the fact that the PC exists, that it matters, and that some of you would defend it with your lives. You will notice in each entry I do make it clear whether a game is strictly exclusive, console exclusives or a timed exclusive. I do not deceive in this thread, because it was never the purpose to try and gloat over who has the better lineup. It's meant as a reference tool for 360 owners, prospective 360 owners and those on the fence. If you are not any of the three, you have no place in this thread other than blind hatred or envy.

If everyone can just enjoy the list for what it is, I promise to include "Console Exclusives" in the title of the 2009 list when I create it so no complaints need to be made in the future.

Regarding this thread, I've been very easy going, answering troll after troll, explaining why this or that game is or is not on this list. I'm going to just go back and report replies now, because it's becomming a very annoying issue having to repeat myself to people that can't read through this thread for their questions that have been answered. I would expect the mods, including the head moderator, to do their jobs and not instigate these childish arguments and help bring this topic back on track. Thank you.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

tombi123 said:
ToastyJaguar said:

2) I couldn't care less if Gears 2 or other 360 games end up on the PC, i just want to play those games on my 360 and couldn't care less how i play them. ( my laptop is no good for those games either, although i think it will manage spore)

2) You could also say that about 360/PS3 games as well. Doesn't make them 360 exclusives. 

But it's a console exclusive meaning it won't be coming to the PS3 or Wii.  A point that was made in the very OP of the thread.

You could also make the point about the relevance of the thread for people that don't even own a X360....

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
jasonnc80 said:
naznatips said:

Why people care for games that have been released a year or two beforehand on another system I don't really get.  I've been PC gaming for a long time but I'm not going to fawn over games I *might* get a year later that were available on a console beforehand.  This goes for PC, PS3, 360 or whatever.  It just seems like a prepetual waiting game.  By the time Halo 3, Gears 2, Fable 2, or Viva Pinata 2 might be ported to a PC there will be a ton of other new games already out on both the 360, PS3, PC or whatever.  It's hard getting the time in to play all the great games out now so I don't see the big fuss in year old ports even if they are enhanced.

I think you kinda missed the point of my post... the point is it's stupid to list PC multiplats in a 360 exclusives thread.  It's no less stupid than listing PS3 multiplats in a 360 exclusives thread. 

By the way, Age of Conan is at best a year away on 360 and at worst vaporware on 360.

jasonnc80 said:
tombi123 said:
ToastyJaguar said:

But it's a console exclusive meaning it won't be coming to the PS3 or Wii.  A point that was made in the very OP of the thread.

You could also make the point about the relevance of the thread for people that don't even own a X360....

Console exclusive is a moronic term.  They are 2 platforms playing a nearly identical game (granted the PC version is better 90% of the time).  There is no difference between listing a PC/360 game as 360 exclusive and PS3/360 game as 360 exclusive.  Neither are exclusive, both effect purchase decisions (I bought a PS3 instead of a 360 because it had very few exclusives).