By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBox 360 Exclusives of 2008

Onyxmeth said:
naznatips said:
If you don't want to have to defend the stupidity of "console exclusives" there is a very simple solution. Don't list them! If you do decide to do something so obviously controversial, then you don't have the right to complain when people debate the point. Please feel free to clear out the "console exclusives" from your list. I'm sure it will stop people from coming in and attacking you for your list.

You're a moderator. You should be above the petty bickering in this thread and trying to bring the topic back in focus. Instead you want to bunch yourself in with all the cry babies. I very clearly stated in the OP what my intentions were. I haven't gone outside of them, and everyone that enjoys this list understands what games are or aren't coming to the PC. It isn't that people are bickering, but why do you as a mod allow this argument to be brought up every time I make an addition to the list? Isn't there a such thing as a dead issue in a topic? Every time this is brought up, it's by trolls that don't own 360s and don't want them. You fail to see that. Everyone that owns a 360 or might want one doesn't seem to have a problem with the way the list is set up, because they find it useful. Everyone just wants their own platform of choice to have superiority.

Let me ask you Naz. You've stated in the past you don't have any intentions of getting a 360. If so, why did you even enter this thread in the first place? Why does obieslut? Why does king of wale? Why does shio? It's to stir up trouble of course. None of you have any interest in the list itself, but must have your voice heard because god forbid this list were to help someone's buying decisions.

I won't remove any game from this list. PCs and 360s are apples and oranges in my opinion. If you feel so strongly on the issue, then I want to see you in the PC list telling shio that Spore doesn't belong there. I want to see you in the PS3 list telling makingmusic to remove The Agency, MLB 08, and Tekken 6. Of course you won't because those are your platforms of choice and you wouldn't want to be consistent and attempt to lessen their lists also. As a member of the "I Hate the Xbox 360" club, it's your obligation to make sure that no one can forget the supiority of your platform choices with your stealth troll.

As a moderator you have the ability to alter a topic as you see fit. If this is bothering you that immensely then change my OP and remove whatever doesn't fit into your mold of exclusivity. Just make sure to sign off at the top that it's your changes. You can right all the wrongs I have caused in this topic with simple corrections to the list.

If the Arcade drops to $199 I absolutely am interested in buying one, but your list doesn't help... at all.  In fact, it's difficult to navigate because I have to hunt through the non-exclusives to find the few actual exclusives. 

As for Shio's and Music's list, Spore is unconfirmed on anything but PC, and music actually took the time to separate the multiplats so that people could find the actual exclusives.  Shio as well added a console multiplats section to his list.  Not sure what the heck you are talking about with Tekken 6...

And of course current 360 owners have no complaint about the list.  It's designed to make the console look better, not to provide an objective list of exclusives.  It's easy to defend what you buy.  At the very least you could have sorted the actual exclusives from the multiplats if your goal was truly to help people interested in purchasing the 360.

Edit: and for the record you had a 360 owner just earlier on this page complain about the PC multiplats.

Around the Network
naznatips said:

If the Arcade drops to $199 I absolutely am interested in buying one, but your list doesn't help... at all.  In fact, it's difficult to navigate because I have to hunt through the non-exclusives to find the few actual exclusives. 

As for Shio's and Music's list, Spore is unconfirmed on anything but PC, and music actually took the time to separate the multiplats so that people could find the actual exclusives.  Shio as well added a console multiplats section to his list.  Not sure what the heck you are talking about with Tekken 6...

And of course current 360 owners have no complaint about the list.  It's designed to make the console look better, not to provide an objective list of exclusives.  It's easy to defend what you buy.  At the very least you could have sorted the actual exclusives from the multiplats if your goal was truly to help people interested in purchasing the 360.

Edit: and for the record you had a 360 owner just earlier on this page complain about the PC multiplats.

LOL.  Now I just feel bad for you.  If I knew where you lived, I would come give you a hug.

naznatips said:

Here's a link to purchase Tekken 6. It's not the PS3 version. Here's one for BlazBlue, another supposed PS3 exclusive. It comes out in November for another gaming platform other than PS3. I know your argument in advance. This platform doesn't count because it's not practical. Just remember that exact same argument is used against PC gaming by console gamers. This is a practical alternative for those with enough disposable cash, trust me. To them I'm sure this is not PS3 exclusive, but it is PS3 console exclusive.

You didn't say I should rework the list to seperate the 360/PC games from the 360-only exclusives. You said it was stupid for them to be in there at all. Yet I haven't seen you in makingmusic's thread with the same accusation. Don't change your position midway.

Spore is coming out on DS and the iPhone. It's rumored to be coming to the Wii also. If you want to say it's not the same game then fine. Then again, Left 4 Dead will control completely different on PC as opposed to 360 and can look much better or worse on the PC, so I guess that doesn't count either. If you really want to dabble in variables of what counts and doesn't you need to be consistent. You yourself said 90% of games on the 360 are better on the PC. So how can they be compared then in your mind?

Nice work ignoring the first and last paragraphs though.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
naznatips said:
If you don't want to have to defend the stupidity of "console exclusives" there is a very simple solution. Don't list them! If you do decide to do something so obviously controversial, then you don't have the right to complain when people debate the point. Please feel free to clear out the "console exclusives" from your list. I'm sure it will stop people from coming in and attacking you for your list.

You're a moderator. You should be above the petty bickering in this thread and trying to bring the topic back in focus. Instead you want to bunch yourself in with all the cry babies. I very clearly stated in the OP what my intentions were. I haven't gone outside of them, and everyone that enjoys this list understands what games are or aren't coming to the PC. It isn't that people are bickering, but why do you as a mod allow this argument to be brought up every time I make an addition to the list? Isn't there a such thing as a dead issue in a topic? Every time this is brought up, it's by trolls that don't own 360s and don't want them. You fail to see that. Everyone that owns a 360 or might want one doesn't seem to have a problem with the way the list is set up, because they find it useful. Everyone just wants their own platform of choice to have superiority.

Let me ask you Naz. You've stated in the past you don't have any intentions of getting a 360. If so, why did you even enter this thread in the first place? Why does obieslut? Why does king of wale? Why does shio? It's to stir up trouble of course. None of you have any interest in the list itself, but must have your voice heard because god forbid this list were to help someone's buying decisions.

I won't remove any game from this list. PCs and 360s are apples and oranges in my opinion. If you feel so strongly on the issue, then I want to see you in the PC list telling shio that Spore doesn't belong there. I want to see you in the PS3 list telling makingmusic to remove The Agency, MLB 08, and Tekken 6. Of course you won't because those are your platforms of choice and you wouldn't want to be consistent and attempt to lessen their lists also. As a member of the "I Hate the Xbox 360" club, it's your obligation to make sure that no one can forget the supiority of your platform choices with your stealth troll.

As a moderator you have the ability to alter a topic as you see fit. If this is bothering you that immensely then change my OP and remove whatever doesn't fit into your mold of exclusivity. Just make sure to sign off at the top that it's your changes. You can right all the wrongs I have caused in this topic with simple corrections to the list.

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

Give that man a HAND!  Thanks for the list available for us, as it provides alot of value to this Xbox 360 owner!  The list is a living document, subject to changes, but like the debate for Mass Effect going PC...I find it to be hilarious...PC Gaming is in a totally different league, with different financial dynamics and factors coming into play.  That is why Microsoft has a brand called "Games for Windows"...They certainly look at the 306/PC relationship as complimentary (btw, for those who don't seem to realize it, M$ has a majority of the operating systems market with the Windows Software, so when we say PC, it's actually record in the same gaming division for M$ EDD...lol).

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Onyxmeth said:
naznatips said:

Here's a link to purchase Tekken 6. It's not the PS3 version. Here's one for BlazBlue, another supposed PS3 exclusive. It comes out in November for another gaming platform other than PS3. I know your argument in advance. This platform doesn't count because it's not practical. Just remember that exact same argument is used against PC gaming by console gamers. This is a practical alternative for those with enough disposable cash, trust me. To them I'm sure this is not PS3 exclusive, but it is PS3 console exclusive.

You didn't say I should rework the list to seperate the 360/PC games from the 360-only exclusives. You said it was stupid for them to be in there at all. Yet I haven't seen you in makingmusic's thread with the same accusation. Don't change your position midway.

Spore is coming out on DS and the iPhone. It's rumored to be coming to the Wii also. If you want to say it's not the same game then fine. Then again, Left 4 Dead will control completely different on PC as opposed to 360 and can look much better or worse on the PC, so I guess that doesn't count either. If you really want to dabble in variables of what counts and doesn't you need to be consistent. You yourself said 90% of games on the 360 are better on the PC. So how can they be compared then in your mind?

Nice work ignoring the first and last paragraphs though.

I admit I had forgotten about the arcade.  My next argument however wouldn't have been practicality, it would have been that one is a gaming platform that can play multiple games and another is an individual piece of software. However, I concede the general point.  It's true that it is possible to purchase the same game, but not on another gaming platform.  You can only purchase the game individually.

I never said it was no longer stupid to have the games on the list, I still think it is if you set out to make an exclusives thread.  I simply said it would have been better if you had at least had the courtesy to separate the actual exclusives. 

Spore is not coming to DS and iPhone.  Spore Creatures is coming to DS.  Spore Origins is coming to iPhone.  These are different games in the franchise.  Your argument is no different than saying Blue Dragon Plus makes Blue Dragon no longer a 360 exclusive.  They are different games not just because of the platform but because they are actually different games.

As far as the first and last paragraphs, they were pure bait.  That's why they were ignored.  I'm not discussing this as a moderator I'm presenting my opinion as a forum member.  My moderator powers are not for me to abuse to change things at my will to how I think they should be. As a moderator I have a responsibility to only use my powers in the upkeep of these forums. 

Anyway, perhaps you guys are right that this argument has been taken too far. I'm sorry for taking so much of your time and your topic.  I would still at some point appreciate you separating the PC multiplats, but I won't continue to debate the point.  I appologize for being so aggressive with my opinions on the matter, and I hope there aren't too many hard feelings.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

This site deals with economics and behavioural analysis on a daily or weekly basis. It is typical when doing this type of analysis to control the independant variables other than the ones being analysed. Because it is unknown how the PC market specifically effects the PS3 or the Wii and even the Xbox360.

Your line of thought is wrong: we are not dealing with variables, but constants... each game takes a single True or False value on "Is it X360 exclusive?". You can't have it both ways as it would disrupt the real definition of exclusive.

Squilliam said:

As the OP said, this is a tool for Xbox360 owners or people with an interest in purchasing/comparing an Xbox360 and want to know about what games are incoming for the system.

So what about PC gamers who want to see what X360 has to offer compared to PC? They will either get plastered bythe so-called PC/360 "exclusives", or they won't notice the small prints and convince themselves that games like Age of Conan are 360 only.

What is the real reason why PC isn't considered as a gaming platform here? Is it for 360 gamers wanting to get "exclusives" leverage over PS3 owners? If anything, PC is alot more alike to X360 than the PS3 is. Both share similar architecture, both have an unusual overlap of games, both have superior online services compared to the other platforms. X360 is the closest thing the PC has as a rival.

And the funny part is, I've heard so many 360/PS3 gamers say that PC is dieing and that all the gamers are switching to the Xbox 360 and PS3 (even though it's BS). So tell me, if many X360 owners consider the PC as a rival platform, why would they be permissive in loosening the term "exclusive" to include PC games? 

Squilliam said:

The people who have a PC are obviously intelligent enough that when they read the thread they can self-select for themselves games that they know they won't play on the Xbox360 anyway. So why is it an issue from this perspective when the OP makes it specifically clear which games are fully exclusive and which games are split between the PC/Xbox360?

One looking at how the list is structured, it's hard to notice which are the real exclusives and which are PC/360. There is no difference in both, except the adding of "/PC" that is completely drowned on green.

And it's not about just that. What is in the OP is like when some people just keep saying how Wii is not "next-gen" because it doesn't support HD. It's totally disregarding a valid platform for the sake of their own e-penises.

Squilliam said:

For people using this thread as a tool for comparison between the Xbox360 and the PS3 the PC is usually excluded, and for good reason.

What about people trying to use this thread as a comparison between the Wii and the Xbox 360? What happens to those PS3/360 "exclusives" that are not on the list? The PS3 would have to be excluded too, so in that case you could add those PS3/360 multiplats to the list?

Squilliam said:

Besides anything else, arguing semantics here is bad form. Why don't you take the debate somewhere else, like another thread if you're interested in discussing it. Its not appropriate to do so here, since the OP has laid the ground rules and put in many hours of effort to give us all this tool to use.

I'm not doubting the effort the OP made with the thread, but the truth is PC/360 is NOT exclusive, unless you gang up PC and 360 against the rest.

One word for OP: I'm not asking you to remove the semi-exclusives, though it would be the most accurate thing to do. But how about splitting the list into 2 lists: the first for the real exclusives, and the second for the PC/360 games. Atleast it would make things more noticeable.

For all those who say PC/360 games aren't exclusive, does that mean God of War game will not be considered a PS3 exclusive...or any games on PS2/PS3...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

heruamon said:
For all those who say PC/360 games aren't exclusive, does that mean God of War game will not be considered a PS3 exclusive...or any games on PS2/PS3...

What are you talking about?  Each God of War game has been exclusive to an individual platofrm.  God of War and God of War 2 are PS2 exclusives.  God of War: Chains of Olympus is PSP exclusive. God of War 3 is PS3 exclusive.  Each game is on only one platform. 

Sorry I know I said I wouldn't continue the debate but this guy's post is just pure misinformation.

naznatips said:
heruamon said:

What are you talking about?  Each God of War game has been exclusive to an individual platofrm.  God of War and God of War 2 are PS2 exclusives.  God of War: Chains of Olympus is PSP exclusive. God of War 3 is PS3 exclusive.  Each game is on only one platform. 

Sorry I know I said I wouldn't continue the debate but this guy's post is just pure misinformation.

What's there to debate, if God of War 3 is only on the PS3, it is what it is, but I thought I'd read it was coming to the PS2 as well.  That still didn't answer the question I asked?

heruamon said:
naznatips said:
heruamon said:

What's there to debate, if God of War 3 is only on the PS3, it is what it is, but I thought I'd read it was coming to the PS2 as well.  That still didn't answer the question I asked?

That's because you didn't give an example.  I can though: MLB 08 is on the PS3, PS2, and PSP, and no, it's not exclusive.