By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBox 360 Exclusives of 2008

I know its been said to death, but seriously, its not a 360 exclusive if its coming out on the PC also. Thats plain and simple, or we can just exclude "exclusive" all together. Especially considering that I think the PC has a far larger install base with a far deeper penetration into the market.

But really I couldnt care less I guess, if it makes the OP and 360 fans feel better to include games that are clearly not exclusives on a 360 exclusive list then do so. I have a computer thats better than my 360, so I know what system Im buying the "360 Exclusive" for, my computer.

@Naz; Amen brother, but who are we to say that? I guess it just makes them feel better.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Around the Network
naznatips said:
jasonnc80 said:
tombi123 said:
ToastyJaguar said:
1) Who cares if a game is 360/PC exclusive.

2) I couldn't care less if Gears 2 or other 360 games end up on the PC, i just want to play those games on my 360 and couldn't care less how i play them. ( my laptop is no good for those games either, although i think it will manage spore)

1) The thread is about 360 exclusives. 

2) You could also say that about 360/PS3 games as well. Doesn't make them 360 exclusives. 

But it's a console exclusive meaning it won't be coming to the PS3 or Wii.  A point that was made in the very OP of the thread.

You could also make the point about the relevance of the thread for people that don't even own a X360....

Console exclusive is a moronic term.  They are 2 platforms playing a nearly identical game (granted the PC version is better 90% of the time).  There is no difference between listing a PC/360 game as 360 exclusive and PS3/360 game as 360 exclusive.  Neither are exclusive, both effect purchase decisions (I bought a PS3 instead of a 360 because it had very few exclusives).

I don't necessarily disagree but the point is that the OP defined what was going to be listed in the post and the information has been clearly useful for 360 owners.  If it's a problem with the way it's handled I would maybe take it up with him or edit it as you see fit.  Arguing for several pages seems be the total opposite of what the thread was designed for.....information to affect as you say buying decisions for the comsumer.  It's not like he's intentionally trying to deceive anyone....games that are confirmed as also coming for PC are listed as such.

The funniest part of it all is that the most complaining seems to stem from people who don't even own a 360 to begin with.

It would make as much sense IMO for me to go into the Gamerscore league topic and complain about the way EagleEye decided to handle it.

OT: Left 4 Dead should be removed completely from the original post.  It was confirmed as being ported to PS3 by EA in this issues OPM

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
Onyxmeth said:
naznatips said:

I can't wait to add Halo 3, Gears 2, Fable 2, and Viva Pinata 2 to the PC exclusives list when they launch on it in a year or 2.

Cool. Please do. Tell me Naz, how would you define trolling? I bet you have a very loose definition of what would be considered.

To everyone trying to instigate fights with each other, I'm asking for a truce. We can all have our opinions on the subject, but I didn't want this thread to turn into some 360 vs. PC and PS3 thread. This was meant for people that have interest in the 360, not for those that want to trash it all day with nonsense. If I had the time, I wouldn't even have created an exclusives list. I would have just made a thread for 2008 games whether they be exclusive or multiplatform. Unfortunately I don't get paid for this, thus have to earn my money elsewhere and spend my time there, not here making lists all day.

I personally don't care for any statistics or facts that can be thrown at me. This list was created in response to threads where people wanted to know whether to buy the Xbox 360 or the PS3. I happen to not see threads on this site very frequently asking whether one should get a 360 or upgrade their PC.

I acknowledge the fact that the PC exists, that it matters, and that some of you would defend it with your lives. You will notice in each entry I do make it clear whether a game is strictly exclusive, console exclusives or a timed exclusive. I do not deceive in this thread, because it was never the purpose to try and gloat over who has the better lineup. It's meant as a reference tool for 360 owners, prospective 360 owners and those on the fence. If you are not any of the three, you have no place in this thread other than blind hatred or envy.

If everyone can just enjoy the list for what it is, I promise to include "Console Exclusives" in the title of the 2009 list when I create it so no complaints need to be made in the future.

Regarding this thread, I've been very easy going, answering troll after troll, explaining why this or that game is or is not on this list. I'm going to just go back and report replies now, because it's becomming a very annoying issue having to repeat myself to people that can't read through this thread for their questions that have been answered. I would expect the mods, including the head moderator, to do their jobs and not instigate these childish arguments and help bring this topic back on track. Thank you.

You did a good job on the thread dude.  Good information for those interested in such things.  Can't wait to get a bunch of these games.

**** everybody that doesn't like it.

If you don't want to have to defend the stupidity of "console exclusives" there is a very simple solution. Don't list them! If you do decide to do something so obviously controversial, then you don't have the right to complain when people debate the point. Please feel free to clear out the "console exclusives" from your list. I'm sure it will stop people from coming in and attacking you for your list.

naznatips said:
If you don't want to have to defend the stupidity of "console exclusives" there is a very simple solution. Don't list them! If you do decide to do something so obviously controversial, then you don't have the right to complain when people debate the point. Please feel free to clear out the "console exclusives" from your list. I'm sure it will stop people from coming in and attacking you for your list.

I know what would help.  If people got a grip.  Does it really make a **** all bit of difference to anything?  Are sales going to be affected by this thread?  Are decisions going to be made based on this thread's exclusivity statements? Is a ficitonal war going to be won based on this thread?  Is pc gaming going to die because of this thread's atrociousness?  Are releases going to be affected by this thread?  Nope.  Full Stop.

And speaking of stupidity...arguing about exclusivity is about as ****ing stupid as it gets.

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
naznatips said:

I know what would help.  If people got a grip.  Does it really make a **** all bit of difference to anything?  Are sales going to be affected by this thread?  Are decisions going to be made based on this thread's exclusivity statements? Is a ficitonal war going to be won based on this thread?  Is pc gaming going to die because of this thread's atrociousness?  Are releases going to be affected by this thread?  Nope.  Full Stop.

And speaking of stupidity...arguing about exclusivity is about as ****ing stupid as it gets.

Almost nothing discussed on the internet has any real meaning.  This site is no exception.  That doesn't mean discussions can't or shouldn't take place. We learn from debates. Develop mentally, and gain insight. It's how we as people grow. All insight doesn't have to be life changing.  Life must be very sad for you if you see no point in discussions that don't change the world.

naznatips said:
JaggedSac said:
naznatips said:

Almost nothing discussed on the internet has any real meaning.  This site is no exception.  That doesn't mean discussions can't or shouldn't take place. We learn from debates. Develop mentally, and gain insight. It's how we as people grow. All insight doesn't have to be life changing.  Life must be very sad for you if you see no point in discussions that don't change the world.

Well there is absolutely nothing to learn or gain insight from anything that has been 'debated' in this thread.  If you grow by 'debating' game exclusivity, I eagerly await to see what you grow into.  All I see is people busting someone's balls for bull**** reasons.

naznatips said:

You're a moderator. You should be above the petty bickering in this thread and trying to bring the topic back in focus. Instead you want to bunch yourself in with all the cry babies. I very clearly stated in the OP what my intentions were. I haven't gone outside of them, and everyone that enjoys this list understands what games are or aren't coming to the PC. It isn't that people are bickering, but why do you as a mod allow this argument to be brought up every time I make an addition to the list? Isn't there a such thing as a dead issue in a topic? Every time this is brought up, it's by trolls that don't own 360s and don't want them. You fail to see that. Everyone that owns a 360 or might want one doesn't seem to have a problem with the way the list is set up, because they find it useful. Everyone just wants their own platform of choice to have superiority.

Let me ask you Naz. You've stated in the past you don't have any intentions of getting a 360. If so, why did you even enter this thread in the first place? Why does obieslut? Why does king of wale? Why does shio? It's to stir up trouble of course. None of you have any interest in the list itself, but must have your voice heard because god forbid this list were to help someone's buying decisions.

I won't remove any game from this list. PCs and 360s are apples and oranges in my opinion. If you feel so strongly on the issue, then I want to see you in the PC list telling shio that Spore doesn't belong there. I want to see you in the PS3 list telling makingmusic to remove The Agency, MLB 08, and Tekken 6. Of course you won't because those are your platforms of choice and you wouldn't want to be consistent and attempt to lessen their lists also. As a member of the "I Hate the Xbox 360" club, it's your obligation to make sure that no one can forget the supiority of your platform choices with your stealth troll.

As a moderator you have the ability to alter a topic as you see fit. If this is bothering you that immensely then change my OP and remove whatever doesn't fit into your mold of exclusivity. Just make sure to sign off at the top that it's your changes. You can right all the wrongs I have caused in this topic with simple corrections to the list.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

naznatips said: 

Quote:

"Cēterīs paribus is a Latin phrase, literally translated as "with other things the same." It is commonly rendered in English as "all other things being equal." A prediction, or a statement about causal or logical connections between two states of affairs, is qualified by ceteris paribus in order to acknowledge, and to rule out, the possibility of other factors which could override the relationship between the antecedent and the consequent.[1]

A ceteris paribus assumption is often fundamental to the predictive purpose of scientific inquiry. In order to formulate scientific laws, it is usually necessary to rule out factors which interfere with examining a specific causal relationship. Experimentally, the ceteris paribus assumption is realized when a scientist controls for all of the independent variables other than the one under study, so that the effect of a single independent variable on the dependent variable can be isolated. By holding all the other relevant factors constant, a scientist is able to focus on the unique effects of a given factor in a complex causal situation.

Such assumptions are also relevant to the descriptive purpose of modeling a theory. In such circumstances, analysts such as physicists, economists, and behavioral psychologists apply simplifying assumptions in order to devise or explain an analytical framework that does not necessarily prove cause and effect but is still useful for describing fundamental concepts within a realm of inquiry."

This site deals with economics and behavioural analysis on a daily or weekly basis. It is typical when doing this type of analysis to control the independant variables other than the ones being analysed. Because it is unknown how the PC market specifically effects the PS3 or the Wii and even the Xbox360.

As the OP said, this is a tool for Xbox360 owners or people with an interest in purchasing/comparing an Xbox360 and want to know about what games are incoming for the system.

The people who have a PC are obviously intelligent enough that when they read the thread they can self-select for themselves games that they know they won't play on the Xbox360 anyway. So why is it an issue from this perspective when the OP makes it specifically clear which games are fully exclusive and which games are split between the PC/Xbox360?

For people using this thread as a tool for comparison between the Xbox360 and the PS3 the PC is usually excluded, and for good reason. Its an uncontrolled independant variable, and it certainly doesn't add anything to an analysis of the console market, which is the primary purpose of the site.

Besides anything else, arguing semantics here is bad form. Why don't you take the debate somewhere else, like another thread if you're interested in discussing it. Its not appropriate to do so here, since the OP has laid the ground rules and put in many hours of effort to give us all this tool to use.

Tease.

Nicely said Squilliam. The thread is here for informative reasons. Not a list to enlarge one's penis because they own a certain platform or have something against a certain platform.