By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Console Wars was better? SNES vs Sega Genesis or PS3 vs Xbox 360?

Which was better?

SNES Vs Sega Genesis. 14 87.50%

PS3 Vs Xbox 360. 2 12.50%

Total:16

snes vs genesis
They actually attacked each other hard(like commercials literally made fun of each other) plus it was for 1st not 2nd..

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

SNES vs Genesis wasn't much of a battle sales-wise.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Well SNES and Genesis were actually different consoles, PS3 and 360 pretty much had all the same games mind a few Halo titles, and then Uncharted and The Last of Us. Mario vs. Sonic was a great war, Master Chief vs. Sackboy, not so much

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

It's not too fair.. PS3 vs 360 easily wins because of all those internet fanboy wars... :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Oh come one, PS3 vs 360 battle was shit. Bunch of fan boys who have nothing better to do arguing over the exact same thing...

Genesis vs Snes on the other hand was a do or die battle at its core of very different strategies and consoles. Nintendo lost that 4th gen battle IMO. They went in with 90% of the videogame marketshare, and exited with barely 50%.

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
Fusioncode said:
SNES vs Genesis wasn't much of a battle sales-wise.

Um, what? In the U.S. they ended up less than a million units apart:

In Europe the difference in end-generation sales was only 250k in the Mega Drive's favor. At the regional level, there are no other instances of two consoles being that close in terms of sales.

I talking about world-wide, not globally in the US. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Has to be PS3 vs X360.

I never even had any idea that there was a console war back then. SNES vs Genesis? That war was limited to only the few most developed countries, most people had no idea about it. I owned a NES (well, a NES knock-off ), but never played or heard about either SNES or Genesis. With PS3 vs X360 sh!t went global!!

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

deskpro2k3 said:

Funny because of the horrible screen on the Game Gear.

Snes vs Genesis. The PS3 vs 360 wasn't really a war because both consoles had no games.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

ps3 vs 360 cause we could be fanboys around the internet instead of just with our friends!

Plus theres this site with its awesome community which didn't exist in the Snes vs Genesis days so that makes it an auto win for me

SNES vs GENESIS for that reason because there were 99% percent less idiots.

You could also not be anonymous and if you said something you better have some proof.  Today its just  BLAH F*CK YOU I AM RIGHT I DONT CARE WHAT YOU SAY I WILL NOT READ YOUR NEXT COMMENT HAHA.

Also most debates were about something you actually owned OR tested.  Today most people bash a product just because others do without ever touching it.

It is elementary school fights compared to snesVSgenesis.  Console ware became as mainstream as the consoles themselves and that shows in its "quality" as it shows in the games "quality".