By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Factor 5 talks unreleased Wii Project: "the technically most impressive thing you would ever see on [Wii]."

Tagged games:

Kresnik said:
Kind of amusing that both Factor 5 & Free Radical both made high-profile PS3 exclusives which flopped and supposedly lead to their demise, but in both cases it emerged years later that they'd been involved in Star Wars projects that contributed towards their closure/buyouts.

Yupp... I still remember the hate SOny got b/c of them

OT: I dunno... it sounds to me that the guy could simply see the things a bit on the positive side. Maybe the finished game was not released because Lucasart didnt want to release it, maybe it was buggy or it was only an overglorified tech demo... we wil never know.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
piete said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah the Rogue games always did falter whenever they left the cockpit.

I don't care! Just take my money! ;)

Hey, don't get me wrong, I would have bought this game in a heartbeat.

curl-6 said:
piete said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah the Rogue games always did falter whenever they left the cockpit.

I don't care! Just take my money! ;)

Hey, don't get me wrong, I would have bought this game in a heartbeat.

Sorry if I sounded like that. I absolutely agree with you, Rebel Strike was not very good outside the cockpit, but nevertheless it was great value for money because of the 2-player campaign of the whole Rogue Leader (which I have played more than the single player campaign). Actually nowadays without any mate to cooperate, I play much more often Rogue Leader than Rebel Strike (with my trusty Wii which still continues to satisfy my gaming needs, it would need a release of this type for Wii U to make me buy one right now).

Slightly OT, but after (almost) beating Super Mario Galaxies (just missing the perfect run in SMG2), I returned to complete Super Mario Sunshine (only 85 shines atm) and actually found it more challenging. I still think that Nintendo only has to gain releasing GC titles for Wii U. 

Carpe diem!

I suspect it would not sell well on Wii U anyhow as the trend suggests of most of the third party game sales.

leon.hart said:
I suspect it would not sell well on Wii U anyhow as the trend suggests of most of the third party game sales.

If it ever were be released, the release should be made Wii compatible (because the game already is). It just might give a reason for a few Star Wars fans to dig out their Wii from the attic.

By the way, which do you think is more common, put one's unused console (Wii or any other for that matter) away to collect dust or sell it in eBay or similar? If it was more of the latter, there should still be millions of active Wii users.

Carpe diem!

Around the Network
piete said:
leon.hart said:

If it ever were be released, the release should be made Wii compatible (because the game already is). It just might give a reason for a few Star Wars fans to dig out their Wii from the attic.

By the way, which do you think is more common, put one's unused console (Wii or any other for that matter) away to collect dust or sell it in eBay or similar? If it was more of the latter, there should still be millions of active Wii users.

Your entire posts proves my post as is. The great and worst thing about Nintendo console owners is the uncertainty of how each game other than the Nintendo name is treated.

piete said:
curl-6 said:
Apparently there's a petition already:
http://www.change.org/p/james-pitaro-release-the-already-finished-rogue-squadron-for-wii

This. Or Kickstarter. Or the dark side of the internet. Anything please!!!

The pace new signatures arrive this petition is not going to change anything, so it seems that the only chance is that someone leaks the game to the internet... :(

Carpe diem!

piete said:
piete said:
curl-6 said:
http://www.change.org/p/james-pitaro-release-the-already-finished-rogue-squadron-for-wii

The pace new signatures arrive this petition is not going to change anything, so it seems that the only chance is that someone leaks the game to the internet... :(

Hey, it happened with Star Fox 2, and that too was unreleased...

curl-6 said:
piete said:
piete said:
curl-6 said:

Hey, it happened with Star Fox 2, and that too was unreleased...

Just let me know if you hear anything... ;)

Carpe diem!

It's too sad, I don't doubt for a second that it looked amazing. Hope these guys continue to amaze with graphics (I don't know what they do nowadays).

Yep.