By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Age 3: Inquisition Will Run at 1080p on PS4, 900p on Xbox One

Its a cross gen game, PS4 has never had problems doing 1080/30 on cross gen. I hope this puts the MS parity argument to rest.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
LemonSlice said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Hopefully MS can help them get the XB1 up to 1080p too and then everyone is happy. This is how it should be.

No, everyone will deal with it. That's how it should be.

Agree here. The X1 doesn't have  to be level with the PS4. The weaker machine should just stay the weaker machine (in regards to this "parity" stuff). Take advantage of each machine's specs, should be easy enough!

I agree, most know that the PS4 is easier to develop for and more powerful and will on the whole generally be better performing, but that doesnt mean the XBO games are pointless if you own an XBO. BUT the problem is with the transparency of companies who sometimes do weird things, the BlackFlag day 1 patch, the COD same resolution when press did the reviews and was a config "Error". I dont think people believe Ubisoft when they have two games at the same resolution at 900p when BF was at 1080p.

I think with EA's message, I think we'll find that AC unity will end up being 1080p on PS4.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

And all was right with the world!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

TheAdjustmentBureau said:
What I want to know is

Is the gameplay any good?

I hope so, hopefully it's closer (or better) than Dragon Age Origins. I'll just laugh it turns out like DA II

I can't believe EA does this shit after all that money MS pays for parity!!!!

Oh well, I'll make an effort to enjoy the game even if the PS4 version isn't 900p.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
TheAdjustmentBureau said:
What I want to know is

Is the gameplay any good?

I hope so, hopefully it's closer (or better) than Dragon Age Origins. I'll just laugh it turns out like DA II

I really like DA II.

Frankly, I hope its more like 2 than Origins.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Maximizing the potential of each console for every game is the way it should always be done, Great Job Bioware! Ubisoft should learn a thing or two from Bioware.

Nice, yet again another justifiable good decision towards my purchase of a high def television by being able to get that high def use out of it.

Yae! I made the right choice! I REALLY love graphics that are nice, high deff, and beautiful. I sure hope the future of gaming gets more of it.

@toastboy

CGI-Quality said:

No, no, I didn't mean that as a slight to you, my friend. :) I just agree about the sacrifices, not worth it. If the PS4 runs smoothly in 1080p and the X1 in 900p, they should launch that way. Every time.

I didn't take it as a slight :)

The PS5 Exists.