By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are you getting a WiiU?

Are you getting a WiiU?

Already own one 573 66.01%

Yes, before 2014 is over 63 7.26%

Yes, by the end of 2015 64 7.37%

No 100 11.52%

view results 68 7.83%

Total:868

Jesus christ so many people on this forum own a Wii U!

Around the Network
teigaga said:
Jesus christ so many people on these forums own a Wii U!

You are on the Nintendo forum section. Is that surprising?

Oh I just look at whats trending and click on it... forgot the site has dedicated forums for Nintendo topics etc

I'm not sure why everyone says there are no games, they may not be releasing frequently but after 2 years there are plenty of good exclusive games. Maybe not many violent m rated games but your a fool if that's why you bought a Nintendo product.

No... Mostly because I already have one!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
stpaulmagic said:
I'm not sure why everyone says there are no games, they may not be releasing frequently but after 2 years there are plenty of good exclusive games. Maybe not many violent m rated games but your a fool if that's why you bought a Nintendo product.

It's not that there are no games, but very few great games.

I count Mario Kart 8, and then Smash Bros and Bayonetta 2 (most probably). After there are some good game like Pikmin 3, but not a big quantity.

I have one and I love it! I'm probaly one of the only people that buys third party games on it but I think if develpores use the gamepad wisely it can make an awesome 3rd party game :D.

Consoles owned: Wii U wii gamecube DS DS lite DSi 3DS Xbox 360 Gameboy Gameboy color Gameboy advance Gameboy Advance sp Gameboy micro and PC. 

Buying one at the end of 2015.the wii never interested me but theyres something about the wii u :)

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

I'll get one as soon as Nintendo releases Sin & Punishment 3 as a full retail game. If they don't, I'll pass.

I love how stingy some gamers get when it comes to Nintendo stuff, no matter how cheap the hardware is and how many great games there are, ie "needs to be like 50 bucks and have 25 games I want for me to consider it!" yet these are the same people who will run out and spend $450 on a PS4 simply because it has better graphix! and a plethora of generic FPSs, 90% of which already exist for cheaper on Xbox 360 and PS3 with slightly worse graphics.. I've always found that so strange. Anyway

I've had the console for almost a year and it's pretty good so far, solid 8/10. I was holding back for about a year until I found a deal that was tough to pass up. I think it was like $320 for a 32 gig console with Nintendland, NSMB and Luigi Bros, and a sweet Luigi controller.

Nothing Wii level mindblowing but a solid gaming experience. The off TV play is actually very helpful to me because I can now play Wii U in our family room while my Wii U is plugged into my bedroom TV, since my bedroom is directly upstairs. I've actually been playing it for the cheap quality third party titles moreso than the Nintendo games, stuff like Rayman, Batman, Assassin's Creed 4, Mass Effect, etc. But I also love 2D and 3D platforming, and Wii U is great for that. Mario 3D World, NSMB, DKC, etc. Also really enjoyed Pikmin. Still a pretty solid multiplayer experience as well, and games like Nintendoland and Wii U Party are great when you have friends over. Has the best Mario Kart in the series IMO, as long as you exclude the lame battle mode. Has a pretty nice diversity of games, though could use a more steady stream of them. 2015 looks like a definite improvement.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden