By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Traded in Destiny, any one else ?

soulfly666 said:
Destiny is ok, but not that great. Shadow of Mordor completely blows it out of the water.

I'll pick Destiny up cheap - either late this year or early next year.

Shadow of Mordor is what I am on now and its brilliant.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
wick said:
Yes.

One week in and bored out of my brain I traded it for Fifa 15 which has more of a story and isn't as repetitive.

This was an epic post.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Yes, it got repetitive rather fast.

Same areas same enemies no story rinse and repeat, thanks but no thanks.

If you played the demo you pretty much knew what you were getting...I somewhat get that you might expect the game to do something different in the single player later on, but honestly, if you didn't love what you played, you should've at least waited for reviews.

This one is on you (everyone who traded in the game)

I still have mine and I'm still loving the game. It's the only game I really want to play right now.

Around the Network

Well I'm even more glad I didn't buy this game now.

foodfather said:
Traded it in for Mordor and Alien.

Incidentally, two of the best games I have played this year.

I appreciate I will be missing out on the updates, but since killing the bosses doesn't really lead to anything, I wouldn't say that I am missing out on anything.

Playing both Middle Earth and Alien. Middle Earth is the best game to come out this year.

Bought it used after the Hype was at it's peak for 50 bucks. It's not a bad game at all, just REALLY LACKING on pretty much everything. It's plays like a Michael Bay movie (I said this in a previous post), you have all these spectacular explosions, lights, sounds, and booms going off, but you don't know WHY all these things are happening (Hell, you don't know it if even makes sense!). So, if you like a FPS/ Eye Candy game, and the complete lack of story and have no problems shelling out money in it's content to complete the story (and I'm not even sure buying content to the game will even ADD to the story), I guess Destiny is the game for you.

Needless to say, I finished it, tried doing some raids, but shooting and hiding in back of a wall for about 1h and 30mins and then getting a blue engram soo many times for my trouble was really the last straw. I sold it back to Gamestop after a week and got 30 bucks for it. Used the Credits for Smash 3ds... But I still wasted 20 bucks though... :-/

Went to my local EB the other day, they had atleast 20 2nd hand already.

About as fast as the latest COD gets traded in tbh.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
Bought it used after the Hype was at it's peak for 50 bucks. It's not a bad game at all, just REALLY LACKING on pretty much everything. It's plays like a Michael Bay movie (I said this in a previous post), you have all these spectacular explosions, lights, sounds, and booms going off, but you don't know WHY all these things are happening (Hell, you don't know it if even makes sense!). So, if you like a FPS/ Eye Candy game, and the complete lack of story and have no problems shelling out money in it's content to complete the story (and I'm not even sure buying content to the game will even ADD to the story), I guess Destiny is the game for you.

Needless to say, I finished it, tried doing some raids, but shooting and hiding in back of a wall for about 1h and 30mins and then getting a blue engram soo many times for my trouble was really the last straw. I sold it back to Gamestop after a week and got 30 bucks for it. Used the Credits for Smash 3ds... But I still wasted 20 bucks though... :-/

It can't have a story told like others single player games and it can be a big flaw.

But it have story... and it is not bad... cliche maybe but not bad.