By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

Sorry, but so Wii U have sold 87K or 89K?

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
vivster said:
Intrinsic said:

Doest help the wiiU that this year it has competition from the PS4 and XB1.

Wait what?^^

Since when do those system share the same market demographic?

And how do you explain that the sales of the Wii U increased after the release of the new consoles while selling nothing in the year before?

You see thats the funny thing and the exact problem nintendo is facing right now. Now they are competing in the eaxct same demographic with the PS4/XB1 in the very same way they were competing with the PS2/XB with the GC.  People shouldn't get it twisted. Nintendo makes game consoles. When you consider their best selling games, these are games that regardless of how cartoony they may look are actually made for a real gamer audience. I am talking about the people that will buy mario, bayonetta, zelda, metroid, splatoon...etc. 

And they are failing at competing in that same space. The people that made the wii what it was are people that honestly rather play games on a cell phone. 

And sales of teh wiiU has increased simply cause there is more to play on it now (also don't forget a certain MK8 bundle). And next year it will increase again or at least it should if its follwoing the trends of every console released before today. In the very same way that PS4/XB1 sales should be better next year than they are this year. Its in 2016 that things will get really bad for the wiiU and the XB1 too. 

I don't think XboxOne will be in as bad a situation as WiiU will be in 2016. You have to consider the WiiU was out a year longer on the Market with very outdated specs and little 3rd party support. XOne by then will have a price cut and big hitters such as Gears and Halo 5 that will be close to release or on the horizon for release. We are comparing 2 completely differnt situations here I think. I believe XOne will secure a decent 2nd place positions. I do have concerns for Nintendo tho and hope they can pull off a miracle for staying relevant at least.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

Next NPD we can say that 360 officially won the US in 7th gen.

360: 41,7 million
Wii: 41,8 million

Teeqoz said:

Well, not counting the DS, anyway.

drake_tolu said:
Sorry, but so Wii U have sold 87K or 89K?

The first one.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Around the Network
bouboumorveu said:
Incredible numbers, incredible topic, great job Boutros as every month :)

Thanks!

1000 posts yay!

CosmicSex said:
colafitte said:
sully1311 said:

Well, cosidering that this will be the second holiday season for Xbox One, it will be one of the biggest holiday seasons ever.  At least biggest or second biggerst.  LOL spin that!

XD Nice..

Apply here: https://careers.microsoft.com/jobalerts.aspx

the_dengle said:
Teeqoz said:

Is the DS a homeconsole?

Boutros said:
bouboumorveu said:
Incredible numbers, incredible topic, great job Boutros as every month :)

Thanks!

1000 posts yay!

Congrats, nice thread

Teeqoz said:
the_dengle said:

Is the DS a homeconsole?

Isn't it awesome when people do that?  Love how hard it is for people to stay on topic.