By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

3sexty said:

I don't think XboxOne will be in as bad a situation as WiiU will be in 2016. You have to consider the WiiU was out a year longer on the Market with very outdated specs and little 3rd party support. XOne by then will have a price cut and big hitters such as Gears and Halo 5 that will be close to release or on the horizon for release. We are comparing 2 completely differnt situations here I think. I believe XOne will secure a decent 2nd place positions. I do have concerns for Nintendo tho and hope they can pull off a miracle for staying relevant at least.

I think things will get bad for the XB1 once the PS4 price starts to drop. The problem that the XB1 has is that its pretty much a less powerful PS4. With a handful of exclusive games. 

Exclusives are not enough. Gears and halo is not going to be enough. Especially when you consider that thy only region the XB1 stands a chance of doing well is in NA of which they are already loosing that region. In this industry, thinsg don't get beter for anyone. If you don't have momentum you don't have it. As more people get a console, they help push even more people to get it too. Thats usually how it works. 

Thats why I feel that by 2016, the market would be so slanted in favor of the PS4 that theer will be very little competition. Well nowhere near as bad as the PS2 but yu get the idea.

Around the Network

Hopefully WiiU can see some growth due to software come November. It was competing against XB1 worldwide not long ago, I'd like to see it lead again.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Isn't the X360 overtracked on here by a couple million?

Leadified said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

Lol.

After going back a few pages, it seems she just wants to hide information from members here.

I don't know what she has against this forum in particular. There are all sorts of people in both. I would joing GAF if I could, but I can't.

Not like her plan is very likely to succeed, numbers are gonna end up on this and other forums regardless.

We're like the most worstest awful people on the internet.

Ahhh worst people on the internet i like the sound of that...although everyone knows the real worst people on the internet are people who defend musicians/actors/celebrities that touch children or rape people, and get away with it cause their famous. 

Um..future of NPD? Aquamarine quit and Cream has no source all we have now is..dare I say it VGchartz

#we'redoomed.

Around the Network

I found strange that no one complimented x1 for closing tha gap this month./jk sorry couldn't resist.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

hiimnew said:
Um..future of NPD? Aquamarine quit and Cream has no source all we have now is..dare I say it VGchartz

#we'redoomed.

Well, that's not the only sources on GAF, but it certainly doesn't bode well.

I hate the way NPD does business. I'd prefer it if they kept software to themselves, but published console sales freely.

Maybe we can start a twitter campaign to get Sony to publish their own sales results monthly. These are game consoles, not nuclear fission devices.

Anyway, if I had to guess, we're looking at a dark period in sales charting. There will probably be many missing pieces, much longer delays to get info, etc, unless some other awesome leakers pop up.

hiimnew said:

#we'redoomed.

but doesn't ioi have direct access to NPD numbers too?

Wazowski said:
hiimnew said:

#we'redoomed.

but doesn't ioi have direct access to NPD numbers too?

Which if he is a smart business man as I believe he is he will share with you for a fee. No doubt Neogaf will adopt a similar subscription policy which would explain aqua's and others strong desire to make things even more private and controlled and want people to join those forums instead, even tho they are already quite difficult to get into. If the gaf isn't already doing it I wouldn't be suprised if in the future if they offer a subscription model. I mean what better way to regulate the population than to charge them money?

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Intrinsic said:
3sexty said:

I don't think XboxOne will be in as bad a situation as WiiU will be in 2016. You have to consider the WiiU was out a year longer on the Market with very outdated specs and little 3rd party support. XOne by then will have a price cut and big hitters such as Gears and Halo 5 that will be close to release or on the horizon for release. We are comparing 2 completely differnt situations here I think. I believe XOne will secure a decent 2nd place positions. I do have concerns for Nintendo tho and hope they can pull off a miracle for staying relevant at least.

I think things will get bad for the XB1 once the PS4 price starts to drop. The problem that the XB1 has is that its pretty much a less powerful PS4. With a handful of exclusive games. 

Exclusives are not enough. Gears and halo is not going to be enough. Especially when you consider that thy only region the XB1 stands a chance of doing well is in NA of which they are already loosing that region. In this industry, thinsg don't get beter for anyone. If you don't have momentum you don't have it. As more people get a console, they help push even more people to get it too. Thats usually how it works. 

Thats why I feel that by 2016, the market would be so slanted in favor of the PS4 that theer will be very little competition. Well nowhere near as bad as the PS2 but yu get the idea.

Correct in that it will be nowhere near as bad like the PS2 era and with Wii U most likey out of the way and basically 2 competing consoles and some exclusives, the XOne should should do somewhere between the original Xbox and the 360. 40 to 60 Million would be my guess which is not horrendous if a profit can be made. Still however not convinced that the powered difference is enough to put off most consumers. Its not like we are talking Wii U specs vs PS4/ XOne. Now that is a gap.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70