By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

Creamsugar still have his source, he cleared that on his post, about aquamarine it looks like we broke her :(

Around the Network
Nicklesbe said:
Wazowski said:
hiimnew said:
Um..future of NPD? Aquamarine quit and Cream has no source all we have now is..dare I say it VGchartz

#we'redoomed.

but doesn't ioi have direct access to NPD numbers too?

Which if he is a smart business man as I believe he is he will share with you for a fee. No doubt Neogaf will adopt a similar subscription policy which would explain aqua's and others strong desire to make things even more private and controlled and want people to join those forums instead, even tho they are already quite difficult to get into. If the gaf isn't already doing it I wouldn't be suprised if in the future if they offer a subscription model. I mean what better way to regulate the population than to charge them money?

well doesn't he share numbers already on the website? im saying is  that everytime the mediacreate or npd is out he will adjust the numbers , doesnt he have a source? or is just the internet leaks like us? xD

XB360 overtracked by 2 Million?

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:
XB360 overtracked by 2 Million?

I'd go as far to say 2.5

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

ioi can't share NPD without getting sued, otherwise people would resell NPD data like crazy.

Data is their entire business and they take it VERY seriously.

Things will go on, VGC will estimate and correct as possible, NPD leaks will come out and be further distilled through the PR statements of the major players. There will be good months for clarity, and not so good months.

Hopefully, someday the silliness of trying to hide all of this information ceases.

Around the Network
Arkaign said:
ioi can't share NPD without getting sued, otherwise people would resell NPD data like crazy.

Things will go on, VGC will estimate and correct as possible, NPD leaks will come out and be further distilled through the PR statements of the major players. There will be good months for clarity, and not so good months.

Hopefully, someday the silliness of trying to hide all of this information ceases.

If it can be monetized, and proven profitable, there's no reason for them to change.

So good enough news for 3DS. I'll take it. (SSB being under-tracked slightly and 3DS HW under-tracked slightly as well.)

MANUELF said:
Creamsugar still have his source, he cleared that on his post, about aquamarine it looks like we broke her :(

Don't know why she care so much about vgchartz to a point of constantly come here to check the data and compare with NPD's data to show that vgchartz is  wrong and have unreliable numbers. It only gives more exposure for vgchartz.

She always get mad because people here do not credit her or cream for the leaks, they just put the numbers. Now she came with this need to obfuscate the numbers because the pressure on leakers are too big. Why the hell someone worried about NPD would be asking for people to credit them for the leaks? Shouldn't be the opposite to make it harder to come back to the source. In the end it seems she did it only because she has a grudge with vgchartz but ended up making a pain in the ass to members to follow a 5k post thread that you must quote the posts to see what information it has.

mornelithe said:
Arkaign said:

If it can be monetized, and proven profitable, there's no reason for them to change.

I'd venture to guess that companies requested from NPD to make the data private, as they didn't want to publicly disclose figures they don't want disclosed (particularly if they happen to be unflattering).

3sexty said:

Correct in that it will be nowhere near as bad like the PS2 era and with Wii U most likey out of the way and basically 2 competing consoles and some exclusives, the XOne should should do somewhere between the original Xbox and the 360. 40 to 60 Million would be my guess which is not horrendous if a profit can be made. Still however not convinced that the powered difference is enough to put off most consumers. Its not like we are talking Wii U specs vs PS4/ XOne. Now that is a gap.

I don't feel the power difference really ever determines which console sells more. Technically speaking, this is the first time in the console race that the most powerful console is the one actually winning.

I think the whole power thing just is another thing to talk up in favor of one over the other. At the end of the day what I think really determines which console wins is mindshare and/or popularity.  The average joe simply buys what ever one seems to be buying. poeple just go out and buy the most popular device. Thats kinda how thinsg work in most cases.

40-60M sounds about right for the XB1. Well, maybe 60 is too high lol but its still in the ball park.