By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

Kinda suprised that Vita did 20k this month.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

You are spreading the FUD again.

GAF reachs the exactly number after the first "buzz" posters... the leakers just started after ~6 hours of the NPD thread was opened.

The "almost double" come from jornalists like Geoff.

GAF have every single month the exactly number of sales for all consoles.

PS4 reached 4,488,000... the gap in US is exactly 997k.

You create (or dream) numbers that didn't exists to try to make the leakers looks wrong... please stop embarrassing yourself.

The fact that this has been repeated to him a quadrillion times by several users is outrageous. The GAF leakers show the numbers through hints rather than giving them straight out since NPD will get pissed. Therefore, to deny the "leaks", which are actually hints, is to deny the actual figures. Just utterly inexcusable...

vivster said:
Intrinsic said:

Doest help the wiiU that this year it has competition from the PS4 and XB1.

Wait what?^^

Since when do those system share the same market demographic?

And how do you explain that the sales of the Wii U increased after the release of the new consoles while selling nothing in the year before?

You see thats the funny thing and the exact problem nintendo is facing right now. Now they are competing in the eaxct same demographic with the PS4/XB1 in the very same way they were competing with the PS2/XB with the GC.  People shouldn't get it twisted. Nintendo makes game consoles. When you consider their best selling games, these are games that regardless of how cartoony they may look are actually made for a real gamer audience. I am talking about the people that will buy mario, bayonetta, zelda, metroid, splatoon...etc. 

And they are failing at competing in that same space. The people that made the wii what it was are people that honestly rather play games on a cell phone. 

And sales of teh wiiU has increased simply cause there is more to play on it now (also don't forget a certain MK8 bundle). And next year it will increase again or at least it should if its follwoing the trends of every console released before today. In the very same way that PS4/XB1 sales should be better next year than they are this year. Its in 2016 that things will get really bad for the wiiU and the XB1 too. 

Dark_Feanor said:
DonFerrari said:
Congrats to all. Superb curb stomp, all undertracked (Ps4 zeroing the balance in vgc USA). 12M for september end and a shot to 18m december end if stock suffice. Cheeeeers
about DF how would Sony slowing down would Help the industry (maybe x1 wouldn't even benefit from it)? Maybe you should cheer that x1 and wiiu sells better or the problem isn't dominance but who do it? I'm ms as 3:1 to Sony would be bad for gamers based on ms rrod, drm and other fiascos while Nintendo would keep their pace and give us gen 7 part 2 (not bad even if i preffer Sony ahead). Do you work for MS and is afraid of being caught criticizing it? I find it hard to believe you have a well paid job designing sw and hw (even more saying you do both) but pass so much time on here just on work time. And even worst I doubt there is much ms only player on an age to be well paid, not many over 10k wages for under 30 in here. Or 3k is well paid for you? For me is over 20 or 30k aiming for it in 5-10y timeframe.
Brasil is bad represented in here. Zero, you, eThomaz and me. All fierce console warriors with a past of moderations and cheapshots and dowrating. One is perma, one came back from exile more level headed and one is trying to behave better in here for 6 months and find it hard to hold our brazilian joker side, what you intend to be and behave here? Zero could always get a new companion.
no one called you delusional or fanboy we just question your strange acts and flipflopping and 2 weights 2 measures way and cheerpicking numbers to fit agenda while dismissing the source you used the previous time if not fit (more like thedrill than toastie). And why are you attacking toastie that isn't even here? He supports ms fiercely and spin numbers and overestimate ms side while understimating competition but is funny and respectful.
sorry to the mods for the rant and thanks community and boultros for this fantastic NPD.
maybe aquamarine should come more often to see we don't take VGC numbers as gospel (some do) and also release the numbers of ioi and mods richness (that would be deserved over the excelent site, fun threads and bogus weekly numbers).

I´ve not been suspended in the last 6 months...

I´m not a console warrior, I don´t like this stupid war. I´m a computer engineer, I joing in here in the time when the console war was all but over, so, last year was a first for me. 

I just like technology and financial modeling. I aways try to be reseanable and give even a little bit of proof to back my claims. 

We all have the right to say what we belive is happening and gonna happen. Ethomaz banstreak was mostly because he stated opinion as fact "UNDENIABLE FACTS", even if he some times is right. He´s been much better lately.

I don´t care if there is or there will be a PS2 domination. That is pointless, you as a Brasilian would understand whem I tell that I´ve never seen a original PS2 game disc. NEVER. Besides at that time I was busy plaing Warcraft 3, Diablo 2, Counter Striker... on my PCs and in LAN Houses.

So, all you guys read here is MY OPINION, nothing more. When I say it´s a fact I would say "accordin to X" or link a page.

I understand that as during gen I saw 5 in one friend house and I mocked him for being rich (and saw several when a cousin came back from Japan) besides that just some in stores (for show, never saw anyone buying it). Thanks to work I'm proud of my 124 retail discs on ps3 and understand why x360 exploded here (but because of bans on live several onwers decided to have original.

you haven't given proof and the links ethomaz already disproven. But you have been complaining since the beggining of the year about NPD and ps4 advantage. All your actions are from a warrior but don't bother me because I accept I am one.

you have every right to an opinion and I wellcome it. But you have claimed untruth as fact. Ethomaz was streakbanned for bad behaviour not by stating opinion as fact or being stuborn that isn't against rules. Kowen, you and several others do that without even a warning because it isn't enforced. He was banned due behaviour, cheapshots and namecalling and flaming as myself also have been. Then he left for some months and is back a lot better. I would preffer to be free to troll and joke with others but understand why they enforce against and started obeying.

you care about PS4 becoming ps2 2 and your posts reflexct that don't denny.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Dark_Feanor said:
DonFerrari said:

Sony and Ms are free to publish their own data as Nintendo have done the past months. Ms don't say because they are bad and Sony not to see like a braggy sore winner. When x1 was still in hot demand sony done it to gain momentum now it would be only beat a dead horse and people disapprove this kind of arrogance and would root for the underdog so they must those. Sony in europe brags from time to time but it would be bad for monthly say they outsold X1 7-10:1.

What about Sony Spain and the 7 x 1 ?

Apple claims their overwelming lead in the USA. Google Android claim theirs WW. Microsoft always reiterate they have 95% of computer market...

Again, my theory that NPD has become more restrict. 

So basically because sony doesn't toot its horn every chance it gets then they probably have something to hide? You may look at things like NPD wins or its dominace in europe as brag worthy, but hasit crossed your mind that sony keeps all that stuff aside till their conferences t then brag on milestones instead of monthly victories?

you know/ This like we have exceeded our 5M goal for ending of march? We have sold 10M? We just hit the 15M console worldwide and are the best selling console on the market? .....etc

But yh, sony must have something to hide. They are obviously guilty of that till they talk up and brag about monthly victories.

Around the Network
160rmf said:
DonFerrari said:

Brasil is bad represented in here.

HUEHUEHue BR BR

...sorry couldn't resist. I think i kind contribute in that, the console warrior inside me that i didn't acknowledged really grew in this generation

We are all warriors and pationated. Go brazil, go Sony.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Congraz Sony !

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Intrinsic said:

So basically because sony doesn't toot its horn every chance it gets then they probably have something to hide? You may look at things like NPD wins or its dominace in europe as brag worthy, but hasit crossed your mind that sony keeps all that stuff aside till their conferences t then brag on milestones instead of monthly victories?

you know/ This like we have exceeded our 5M goal for ending of march? We have sold 10M? We just hit the 15M console worldwide and are the best selling console on the market? .....etc

But yh, sony must have something to hide. They are obviously guilty of that till they talk up and brag about monthly victories.

Remember after Sony announced 7.2 million PS4's sold-to-consumers during the spring and not update their sales figures until Gamescom? Not to mention, over 10 million is a nice even number (remember, Sony said over 10 million, not reached 10 million). If they were to constantly share sales numbers, it'll get annoying, so it's better to share the numbers when they hit a milestone, as you've said.

Dark_Feanor said:
DonFerrari said:

Sony and Ms are free to publish their own data as Nintendo have done the past months. Ms don't say because they are bad and Sony not to see like a braggy sore winner. When x1 was still in hot demand sony done it to gain momentum now it would be only beat a dead horse and people disapprove this kind of arrogance and would root for the underdog so they must those. Sony in europe brags from time to time but it would be bad for monthly say they outsold X1 7-10:1.

What about Sony Spain and the 7 x 1 ?

Apple claims their overwelming lead in the USA. Google Android claim theirs WW. Microsoft always reiterate they have 95% of computer market...

Again, my theory that NPD has become more restrict. 

Sony is trying a humble image if you haven't noticed. Ms in PC space have always been know to be bullies. IPhone and galaxy are both doing strong. When ps3 was winning WW and x360 in USA the gloating was acceptable because the other was a capable adversary, now would just seem petty. Have saw Sony gloat over Xbox og and n64 on NPD or anyone gloat over ouya?

i have been here on previous war,

EDIT: and remember mega drive vs snes wars in a way.

about NPD, who usually sets conditions and restrictions is the customers not provider (unless it is governament service), so NPD wouldn't lose customers forbiding then of releasing their info and Ms wouldn't have to say they don't release numbers in summer because it is a slow period.

I see someone is taking this seriously. This thread just keeps getting better and better.

Popcorn time!