By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

CosmicSex said:
DerNebel said:
Just went to the Gaf thread and Aquamarine is being a cunt once again, so hey it's like every NPD in the last couple months all over again.

Brilliant to see how the high and mighty Gaf community every month fails to grasp that vgchartz numbers are estimates and how nobody on here is expecting them to be totally accurate.

Get off your high horses, Gaffers

Now now, the data that Aqua has is the same data ioi would recieve. If ioi chooses not to share those with us, why should Aqua?  If he doesn't feel that we are privy to that info then you need to accept that or become a gaf member.  You dont have a right to that info and that is abundantly clear by the standards set on VGC.  And why are you so unsatisfied with the data at your disposal? Don't you trust it? 

Yeah... that's really not what I meant. The whole number thing is her just being an attention whore. What I was talking about was her constant monthly bashing of vgchartz. It's really pathetic.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
CosmicSex said:
DerNebel said:
Just went to the Gaf thread and Aquamarine is being a cunt once again, so hey it's like every NPD in the last couple months all over again.

Brilliant to see how the high and mighty Gaf community every month fails to grasp that vgchartz numbers are estimates and how nobody on here is expecting them to be totally accurate.

Now now, the data that Aqua has is the same data ioi would recieve. If ioi chooses not to share those with us, why should Aqua?  If he doesn't feel that we are privy to that info then you need to accept that or become a gaf member.  You dont have a right to that info and that is abundantly clear by the standards set on VGC.  And why are you so unsatisfied with the data at your disposal? Don't you trust it? 

Yeah... that's really not what I meant. The whole number thing is her just being an attention whore. What I was talking about was her constant monthly bashing of vgchartz. It's really pathetic.

Oh.  Well just say that then.  Calling someone a cunt is very derogatory. Happy gaming/

CosmicSex said:
DerNebel said:

Oh.  Well just say that then.  Calling someone a cunt is very derogatory. Happy gaming/

I wasn't really trying to be respectful to her, but yeah I guess it wasn't 100% clear what I meant.

CosmicSex said:
prinz_valium said:
Ps4 ans xb1 undertracked

Destiny massively overtracked.
And I was right. Xb1 destiny standalone > ps4
Overall ps4 destiny just 100 unitits more

I'm just shocked by the 530k ps4 number. Never expected that. Ps4 still not slowing down. It has to. Otherwise the gaming market is in big trouble

Yeah it matched my prediction but mine was based on data and not my fear of the console market collapse.  What do you mean by "market is in big trouble"?  Was it bad for the Wii?   Did the Wii destroy the gaming market with good sales?  Please explain.

Wii was just 100m while ps360 80m each

this time we can see 120m ps4 vs 20m Wii U and 40m xb1

that's not what I like to see.

last Gen was so good. 1 strong console for every type of gamer. No we possibly got 2 weak ones, if nothing change

prinz_valium said:
Ps4 ans xb1 undertracked

I'm just shocked by the 530k ps4 number. Never expected that. Ps4 still not slowing down. It has to. Otherwise the gaming market is in big trouble

i love how conveniently u dont talk about free destiny for xbone.

the market is in trouble for whom?

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network

Congrats PS4.

Don't know if it was already posted, but Creamsugar posted it on GAF:

PS4 > X1 + Wii U + PS3 + 360 + Wii this month.

CosmicSex said:
DerNebel said:

But ioi doesn't come into the NPD thread and post numbers in invisible tags that you can only see if you quote his post. ioi keeps numbers to himself.

~Edit~ Actually I believe in a policy of not trashtalking other forums so I'm going to try to live by that.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Ohhh, our old friend Aquamarine has come again.

I wonder what humility bug has bitten Sony for them not to make no claim of 1mi LTD lead, or selling more than all its competitor combined, or having the biggest first September of all time and so on...

MS has all the motives to keep quite even if they double August numbers (that we also don´t know), but Sony should be screeming all over how good they are they are in desperated need of good press. That would be basically the only division they are leading and making profts.

prinz_valium said:
CosmicSex said:
prinz_valium said:
Ps4 ans xb1 undertracked

Yeah it matched my prediction but mine was based on data and not my fear of the console market collapse.  What do you mean by "market is in big trouble"?  Was it bad for the Wii?   Did the Wii destroy the gaming market with good sales?  Please explain.

Wii was just 100m while ps360 80m each

this time we can see 120m ps4 vs 20m Wii U and 40m xb1

that's not what I like to see.

last Gen was so good. 1 strong console for every type of gamer. No we possibly got 2 weak ones, if nothing change

Thats an understandable concern, or its a reason for Microsoft and Nintendo to be even more competitive.  And since Sony also want to continue leading, you can expect them to remain competitive as well.   in which case that a win for everyone.  PlayStation and Xbox are similar enough where you only need to net sum last gen's HD intake and Wii was an anomaly.  A large percentage of the people who purchased it will not be returning to the market.

Regardless, do not let unsubstantiated fears prevent you from making objective predictions.  You are smart.  You know what I am trying to say.