By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

Impressive sales for the PS4, cant wait to see its holiday numbers.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

I feel like Pachter gave out those prediction numbers knowing that the PS4 would win, just to add insult and injury to Xbox fans all over the world. Yes, its a conspiracy I tell ya! He's an evil man!

I feel like the Wii U numbers were a tad high given past performance. I was expecting under 50k. What happened?

reggin_bolas said:
I feel like the Wii U numbers were a tad high given past performance. I was expecting under 50k. What happened?

September boost + HW. Last month was 59k so 89k seems about right, considering the aforementioned factors.

Shadow1980 said:
Still waiting on actual PS4 & XBO numbers. If the PS4 sold at least 2.64 times what it did in August, it will beat the Wii for having the best first September ever (not counting September launches like the N64 and Dreamcast). Here's how much past systems sold in the September of their first full calendar year (N64, PS1, & DC sales are rough estimates extrapolated from a graph by Neogaf's Terry Travis):

Wii: 501k
PS2: 344k
360: 259k
N64: ~250k
Xbox: 173k
GC: 167k
PS1: ~160-170k
DC: ~125k
Wii U: 91k

Nice to see some comparisons. The last few months were quite amusing with the major downplay.

PS4 didn't do 250k? Must be the systems fault, and not numerous other reasons like software, market shift, competition, Destiny bundle next month, etc.

Around the Network

Ps4 ans xb1 undertracked

Destiny massively overtracked.
And I was right. Xb1 destiny standalone > ps4
Overall ps4 destiny just 100 unitits more

I'm just shocked by the 530k ps4 number. Never expected that. Ps4 still not slowing down. It has to. Otherwise the gaming market is in big trouble

prinz_valium said:
Ps4 ans xb1 undertracked

I'm just shocked by the 530k ps4 number. Never expected that. Ps4 still not slowing down. It has to. Otherwise the gaming market is in big trouble

Yeah it matched my prediction but mine was based on data and not my fear of the console market collapse.  What do you mean by "market is in big trouble"?  Was it bad for the Wii?   Did the Wii destroy the gaming market with good sales?  Please explain.

prinz_valium said:
Ps4 ans xb1 undertracked

Why is the gaming market in trouble? 

Also, the market is reacting not to the fact that the PS4 is a god send console that has breaking inovations.  It's just that the competition is extremely weak and unappealing. The whole Kinect fiasco, the DRM, all the 180's have sent consumers flying to Sony. And then there's the Wii U..... 

So when you think about it, there's really no other logical option for a HD gamer than to buy a PS4. 

prinz_valium said:
Ps4 ans xb1 undertracked

No. 246k more. 

Wow. Everything undertracked nicely.

This is a better September than I realized.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3