By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2014 NPD Thread! Everything is up!

Dark_Feanor said:
FATALITY said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Would guys stop for a minute and think that Apple sold 10x more iPhones 6s WW in two days than all consoles combined in the USA the whole month?

if that makes you feel beta

I forgot to quote the guy saing third partys publishers will abandon XOne and release PS4 only games... he says he´s been saing this for a longe time.

I don´t demand 1080p 60 fps of my games though... But I like a reversal logic context from randon people in internet foruns.

Great story, bro. What does it have to do with NPD?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

Well great numbers for the PS4. Anyway I'm hammered so I'm going to bed, I'm expecting some clear numbers when I wake up, get to work minions

CGI-Quality said:
gooch_destroyer said:
CGI-Quality said:

Makes you realize the stranglehold the PS4 has on the market. As I said in previous NPD threads, instead of just exclusive PS4 bundles, I'm expecting some big 3rd party exclusive games this gen on PS4. The lead is about to grow substantially.

Like this one?

http://www.gamepur.com/news/16599-huge-ps4-exclusive-december-2014-announcement-will-make-lot-noise-and.html

I have avoided that topic, as to not hype myself for a huge disappointment when it ends up being a new Yakuza and nothing more

Bruuuh. Senmue 3. lol

tbone51 said:
For those who want to compare Hyrule Warriors numbers in the USA:

Hyrule Warriors - 190,000 (8 days) WiiU
Dynasty Warriors 5 - 150,000 (4 months) PS2
Dynasty Warriors 6 - 220,000 (10 months) PS3/360
Dynasty Warriors 7 - 220,000 (9 months) PS3/360

Numbers taken from NPD and Koei.

Hyrule Warriors did very well for Nintendo. I'm still reeling from the fact that it managed to outsell Forza Horizon 2. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

tbone51 said:
For those who want to compare Hyrule Warriors numbers in the USA:

Hyrule Warriors - 190,000 (8 days) WiiU
Dynasty Warriors 5 - 150,000 (4 months) PS2
Dynasty Warriors 6 - 220,000 (10 months) PS3/360
Dynasty Warriors 7 - 220,000 (9 months) PS3/360

Numbers taken from NPD and Koei.

HW did a lot better than I expected.  

Around the Network
Leadified said:
Aura7541 said:
Just imagine how much the PS4 can possibly sell if SCEA decides to do a LittleBigPlanet, Far Cry 4, and GTAV bundle blitzkrieg in November... o.O

Oh shit, I forgot GTA V is in November. Yikes.

Considering how much it helped the PS3 break the 360's NPD win streak last year, I will be surprised if Sony doesn't do the same for the PS4.

DerNebel said:
Well great numbers for the PS4. Anyway I'm hammered so I'm going to bed, I'm expecting some clear numbers when I wake up, get to work minions

We should be getting numbers any minute now....

....leaked Vita numbers...

Ninsect said:

Based on your own wishes and hopes?

Yes, the same thing as anyone here and NeoGaf...

But why wouldn´t it bump?

If you like Amazon oracle you could remember that during Destiny week the XOne jumped from mids 50´s to mid 10´s and 20´s at the chart. And not forgeting that Destiny for free sold enought bundles to make it the best sell version according to NPD.

Using Bungie number we have 5mi players WW... would you give PS4 2,5mi vs 1,2mi XOne?

I just assume that the XOne free games were enought to push at least 200k other wise, how would you explain Destiny doing better on the XOne when the PS4 has a 5mi install base in the USA against 4mi (lets assume)?

Dark_Feanor said:
Ninsect said:

If you like Amazon oracle you could remember that during Destiny week the XOne jumped from mids 50´s to mid 10´s and 20´s at the chart. And not forgeting that Destiny for free sold enought bundles to make it the best sell version according to NPD.

Using Bungie number we have 5mi players WW... would you give PS4 2,5mi vs 1,2mi XOne?

I just assume that the XOne free games were enought to push at least 200k other wise, how would you explain Destiny doing better on the XOne when the PS4 has a 5mi install base in the USA against 4mi (lets assume)?

I would explain it with 300k+ Destiny PS4 bundles being sold but not counted vs. MS giving the game away for free with new consoles for a week. It doesn't tell us anything about MS sales.

Oh, and please would you give up the "Neogaf leakers are not trustworthy" narrative. You look silly to pretty much everyone.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Dark_Feanor said:
Ninsect said:

Bundlezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not a difficult concept to grasp. Activision has already confirmed that Destiny sold more on PS4. But keep going, this is great fun. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!