By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 December Launch In China

200k a year seems a reasonable estimate for console sales, but I don't know.

What other markets sell roughly 200k a year??

Around the Network

I bet you they're hoping for 200K in 2014. Don't know if they'll get it, but MS wants a million Xbox Ones sold for it's first full year and the PS4 is reported to be more popular among the Chinese.

I wonder what kind of boost it will give when it launches?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

"confirmed the document’s authenticity and said actual production amounts may differ."
Interesting...

CosmicSex said:
"confirmed the document’s authenticity and said actual production amounts may differ."
Interesting...

That could cut both ways but I'm willing to bet it would be adjusted up not down, given the recent poll that suggested more Chinese gamers want the PS4.

The PS5 Exists. 

This will be interesting.

Around the Network

Calling it now, regardless of price, PS4 will sellout on launch day in China.

GribbleGrunger said:
CosmicSex said:
Interesting...

That could cut both ways but I'm willing to bet it would be adjusted up not down, given the recent poll that suggested more Chinese gamers want the PS4.

Yeah I saw one of those polls... had 6:1 favorablility over the Xbox One... but I think 500-600k may be more they they can do at launch.   We have to start speculating what this means for Sony.   People are people wherever you go so I expect the PS4 to lead China as well. 

I wonder if this and announcements to follow will make some Chinese gamers hold off on the Xbox 1. Time for Sony to play the catch up game.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

CosmicSex said:
GribbleGrunger said:
CosmicSex said:
Interesting...

Yeah I saw one of those polls... had 6:1 favorablility over the Xbox One... but I think 500-600k may be more they they can do at launch.   We have to start speculating what this means for Sony.   People are people wherever you go so I expect the PS4 to lead China as well. 

Perhaps Sony are being very careful with the markets. If they can only produce a certain amount of consoles a year, they'll be pretty confident they can sell more PS4s next year in Japan/US/Europe. It wouldn't be wise to suddenly ship a huge ammount of consoles to Chine only to realise they haven't got enough for the two most important regions: UK/US (in terms of stopping MS getting any footing). If it sells well in China, perhaps they'll up production but I'm betting they're working on a 'wait and see' policy. MS probably committed to more consoles because at present they can produce more than they can sell.

The PS5 Exists. 

No reason to think this market will play out any differently than every other country in the world. Well unless you count WiiU winning in Japan but that is definitely the anomaly.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers