By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 December Launch In China

Teeqoz said:
Finally!

it is offical with december release ?
i think no, or.. ?

Around the Network

An interesting question to all users:

Can video games like Persona 5 and Metal Gear Solid 5 in China appear?

I've heard that in China no matches may appear, which have many subjects. (with weapons and swords, for example)

KazumaKiryu said:

An interesting question to all users:

Can video games like Persona 5 and Metal Gear Solid 5 in China appear?

I've heard that in China no matches may appear, which have many subjects. (with weapons and swords, for example)

I would assume that any intelligent console buyer in China would already have a black/grey market console, to be honest. It's the Wild West out there, it's not like the Gestapo is going to kick your door in and send you to the Gulag for having a non-CN game console, as long as you don't fly banners from your windows.

Namiirei said:
200k seems fake and probably too low.

Launch numbers in china for ps4 can easily be the same as launch numbers in japan, so something like 300/400k.

They will probably have a lot of consoles for china, after all they have most than enough time to prepare for this launch.

sony has confirmed the authenticity of the 200k per year (but also stated actual numbers may vary, saying it in such a way that it seems they may go lower), they are only allowed to ship 100k at lauch like microsoft. So no that 300/400k is just too far out there.

the 200k number was originally taken from China's official 'the China (Shanghai) Pilot free trade zone'  website and later comfirmed by Sony spokeswoman Masaki Tsukakoshi

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one

It's coming. LOL!

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
prinz_valium said:
So march or later...

Intial mass production for worldwide launch stated in September and it launched in November.  So I would expect it to launch by March at the absolute latest.  Why are they going to sit on systems for 4 or more months?

because its china and i already include some delay due to governement

imho it will be at or after chinese new year