By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 December Launch In China

Tagging

Around the Network

Only 200K annually, when XOne shipped 100K just for launch, and said that their plan is 1M first year?

I would have thought PS4 can sell that many at launch.

Perhaps that 200K was just for 2014, if they plan to launch in December.

Wonder if Nintendo will release a console there.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

platformmaster918 said:
No reason to think this market will play out any differently than every other country in the world. Well unless you count WiiU winning in Japan but that is definitely the anomaly.

Agreed. And PS4 is likely to beat the Wii U by quite a lot in Japan once the generation is more mature. The PS4 is just starting to get its Japanese lineup.

Finally!

Around the Network

It will fail in China too, but just not quite as horribly.

I have no idea why there are so many people that think China will buy tons of X1s or PS4s. The culture and economics don't support that in the least. Just wait for the post-launch numbers for X1, and take that as a warning shot for the PS4 launch there.

If they launched in 2016 with a $199 discless unit or something, maaaaybe. But I doubt we see 300k lifetime X1 sales, and PS4 probably not a ton more honestly.

Japan won't be replaced by China as a major home console territory, at least not any time soon, and the way the industry is changing, maybe never.

That's good to hear. Although Sony doesn't even need China.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Many Chinese people have nice hd tv's. They don't watch bluerays and their analogue tv signal is ugly and low res. Consoles could finally give their nice tv's a purpose.

I've actually heard more hype here for the Nvidia Shield than any console in China. That could change.

It's time for Playstation total world domination's if the shipping number is bigger then Xbox one, there is possibility outselling Xbox one number that had been sold there.

I am ignorant about the situation on China. Can they afford a console? They seem to win so little money with their exhaustive jobs...

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.