By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Where does Nintendo take the StarFox series from here?

Fuzzmosis said:
Probably what they did with Mario, put em in outer space.

2/10

Anyway, they also need to have Andross be the main villain! He should look similar to what he looks like in SF64, and he should be harder to beat.

They also need to have a lot of the classic musuc return, with some of it remixed. and it should be orchestrated.

Around the Network

I have been judged, and it was not worthy!

Even though, why exactly would you be against them going back into space? Dinosaur prince boy wasn't as entertaining as I thought.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Onyxmeth said:

Forget Factor 5. They've lost my trust. They don't make on rail shooters anyways.

Outsource the project to SEGA and have their developer Smilebit do it. They're responsible for Panzer Dragoon Orta and Gunvalkyrie for the Xbox. I love Star Fox and Star Fox 64 to death, but Panzer Dragoon Orta trumps them both easily in gameplay. If they can keep the Star Fox mold intact I would put a damn guarantee on it being the greatest Star Fox game ever, and possibly best on-rails shooter ever also.

Interesting idea.  I played Panzer Dragoon on the Xbox and it was a great game.  I could definately see the same team doing Starfox justice.

Did everyone hate Adventure?

Because something along thoose line would be fine with me.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

You guys are all nuts. You all want the same thing: a Wii-make of SF64 with online and offline co-op and some new levels. Boring. Don't you already own SF64? Go play it then.

Here's what Star Fox needs: Wii controls, more enemies, more bosses and mini-bosses, and a higher difficulty, and some random new shit that none of us have thought of.

And lay off the Slippy hating sauce, all of yous. If it wasn't for Slippy's genius, Fox would be running around fighting with a stick, because that's the only weapon he's ever used that wasn't built by Slippy.

Around the Network
Fuzzmosis said:
why exactly would you be against them going back into space?

I do not recall saying that I am against the Star Fox series taking place in space at all.  When did I say that? I love flying around in space! I was just rating your little joke. Which I found to be unfunny.

XD @ Rubang! There should at least be some similarities to SFW and SF64! Some of the things you listed were mentioned.

I want the next one to be an evolution of Star Fox 64.

It would be great to control flight with the analog stick, and shoot/aim with the Wiimote. Keep things in the air, with a nice dose of online features.

Oh yeah, and make Slippy the main character.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

kenzomatic said:
Did everyone hate Adventure?

Because something along thoose line would be fine with me.

I didn't hate SFA, I even enjoyed it. But it didn't had that depth and compelling story I was looking for in an adventure game. If done correctly SFA can be a geat game on it's own right. I was expecting SFA to be far better though, especially coming from Rare. It's an enjoyable adventure game, but to be fair it's just a mediocre Zelda clone. And you know how people think about clones, nothing compares to the real thing!

Edit: In case of another adventure game,  team Zelda should make it.

Just make it an on rails 3d space shooter just like the n64 game and hand it to factor 5 and have Miyamoto over look the project.

no more trying new crap like the gamecube or DS games...just bring it back to it's simplistic but fun gameplay we enjoyed on SNES and N64 and despite lair I think with Shiggy there he could help them not repeat Lair controls

Also like some ideas other presented like take the multiplayer online and  like the starwolf storyline concept as the main antagonist.

i think star fox hasn't been a note worthy series for over a decade. it's not bad, but most of the really good memories stem from "wow, the f-x chip kicks ass! look at those polygons." nothing from the plot, to the characters, to the gameplay, to just about anything else stands out in such a way that it really needs to keep going.

really, if the series never saw the light of day again, i wouldn't bat an eye.

however, if it were to come back, and someone managed to really nail the gameplay, i certainly wouldn't be opposed to the game. i would just be drawn more to the fact that it's a good flight game on the wii and not so much that it's a star fox game.