By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Ryse: Son of Rome - Is Your Rig Ready?

My 970 is suppose to come by this friday so if a card thats faster than the Titan can't handle it at 1080p, then I will be a monkey's whore

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Sure GT 740m here. I may have to turn down some effects...

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

The real questions should be: Does anybody care?

Based on the majority of feedback when the title was launched on the XB1, here are the reasons not to care:
1. It's an on - rails game
2. It only looks good
3. It has a weak story
4. Visuals don't make good gameplay
5. Etc, Etc., Etc.

Point is, if the game was supposed to basically suck when it released on the XB1, why would it matter if it is released on PC with a bit better graphics?

I didn't buy it yet, but someday...

It is near the end of the end....

I downloaded a picture of quad Titan Z's, printed it and wrapped it around the motherboard. So, super ready but still am only interested in benchmarking Minecraft and playing Hearthstone.

CGI-Quality said:
the-pi-guy said:
Landguy said:
-snip

People care, because it'll push their rigs and other reasons.  

-snip

Not sure where I said that I didn't care.  

Just making an observation regarding the release of a game that "sucked" because it was at the time an XB1 exclusive, and is now being released on the PC.  

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

Got the game on Xbox and will get it on PC too because I really enjoyed it.

Cant wait to see how it runs on my rig. 8350 Vishera / 7979GHZ

I don't really care, but almost 4k ready. Happy I finally got a new PC in July. ^_^

My PC which was 125€ is almost completely matching the recommended specs! Yay!

Would a 980 run 4k fine?

I think my only bottle neck would be my video card (AMD HD6970). But considering my rig is almost 3 years old, that's not bad. I generally upgrade every 3 years or so, so the new year will probably see me with at least an Nvidia 970.