By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Ryse: Son of Rome - Is Your Rig Ready?

CGI-Quality said:
This may end being the PC benchmark for quite sometime. By Friday, I'll give my take. The current "King" in my world is still Metro: Last Light, so we'll see what happens!

That's funny I still think BF4 is best looking game out there.  Metro: LL comes close but Nvidia forced them to use some pretty low-res textures so it holds it back imo.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network

OMG, my new 970GTX is recommended for 4K gaming *wipes away tears*. I didn't even want 4K gaming, I just wanted to max out 1080p. *sniff*

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

My rig is ready when Nvidia stops refusing to just release the god damn 980ti.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Heck, my old 7870 beats recommended *more sniffs*

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Mine GTX 745 4gb ddr3. Come at me bro.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Eddie_Raja said:
CGI-Quality said:
This may end being the PC benchmark for quite sometime. By Friday, I'll give my take. The current "King" in my world is still Metro: Last Light, so we'll see what happens!

That's funny I still think BF4 is best looking game out there.  Metro: LL comes close but Nvidia forced them to use some pretty low-res textures so it holds it back imo.

BF4 has plenty of low-res textures. Last Light actually uses a rare mix for its textures, and the result, to me, is unmatched.

Every game (Unfortunately) has a bad texture pop up every now and then.  However the grand majority of BF4's textures are unmatched by nearly any game.  On the other hand MLL's majority of textures look no better (or worse) than M2033.  Some of them look absolutely god awful too, which should never happen in a single-player game with such above average graphics in every other department.

Also BF4's particle effects are only beaten by InFamous:SS imo.  PLEASE PLEASE do not bring up the lame popcorn that appears everywhere with PhysX on.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

I'm hitting the recommended settings (i5-3570k, 7850), hopefully thats enough to run it native at 2560 x 1440p. Still only pickin gthis up once it hits a good steam sale though, $20 will be a good price.

Still havent decided if I will get it.

But my laptop is running a GTX 860M with 2GB GDDR5 VRAM with an Intel Core i7-4710MQ, 16GB of 1600MHZ RAM all off an SSD. So I should hopefully be really good on 1080p, even if I certainly couldn't manage 4K.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

CGI-Quality said:

tut tut. CGI. You know as well as me that a cube can bring your PC to its knees. Now with that in mind lookin at this game I do not understand how it needs so much juice. I know the reason why but I just dont know how they managed it. 

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

The real question is who gives a shit? Crytek should've made this game for PC in the first place. They only know how to serve graphics whores and have very little creativity towards creating brilliant gameplay.