By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Mod Team: Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask Here!

Yep, jay is right, raven was a bit too eager with the warning, but this is what happens with new mods guys. It is to be expected. These initial moderations are a learning experience.

Around the Network
gergroy said:
Yep, jay is right, raven was a bit too eager with the warning, but this is what happens with new mods guys. It is to be expected. These initial moderations are a learning experience.

If it helps at least six moderators, including some of the most senior mods, agreed with the moderation.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

There is nothing wrong with the moderation given by RavenXtra.

He did not act alone. He had AxumBlade, Shinobi-San, Carl2291, ConeGamer, and myself behind him when he went ahead with it.

Don's thread is CLEARLY a joke thread. There is not even a hint of maliciousness of attempt to troll *anything* in there. A fun poke at a GTA V glitch, a nod to Agent's vaporware status. Whether you think he was successful in his attempt to be humorous, that's one thing. But to call it a troll thread and leave nothing else for the actual thread... it's not a reasonable or on topic response. And therefore he got a warning for it. A warning. Warning.

Grumble all you want, but the entire mod team is really scratching their heads over how over the top this is.

So that's the end of it. I don't want to hear about this. We've clearly made a decision and stand by it with confidence. There's nothing else to say about it.

Conegamer said:
gergroy said:

If it helps at least six moderators, including some of the most senior mods, agreed with the moderation.

Huh, seems a bit nit picky to me, but oh well.  It is only a warning, not really something to get too upset about.  

Smeags said:
There is nothing wrong with the moderation given by RavenXtra.

He did not act alone. He had AxumBlade, Shinobi-San, Carl2291, ConeGamer, and myself behind him when he went ahead with it.

Don's thread is CLEARLY a joke thread. There is not even a hint of maliciousness of attempt to troll *anything* in there. A fun poke at a GTA V glitch, a nod to Agent's vaporware status. Whether you think he was successful in his attempt to be humorous, that's one thing. But to call it a troll thread and leave nothing else for the actual thread... it's not a reasonable or on topic response. And therefore he got a warning for it. A warning. Warning.

Grumble all you want, but the entire mod team is really scratching their heads over how over the top this is.

So that's the end of it. I don't want to hear about this. We've clearly made a decision and stand by it with confidence. There's nothing else to say about it.

I looked back at the thread and you are right.  Calling it a troll thread was probably too strong for jay. And it is only a warning, so let's move on!  

Around the Network

Me and Smeags were definitely in contact and as usual very dismissive and "er..." deal with it attitude. There is a difference between trolling to get a rise out of somebody and trolling to be funny. Both are trolling none the less. I wasnt even upset with Don but did report the thread that you all completely ignore. Ive seen some pretty dumb moderation on this site and this ranks up there with the top and to know that the mods agreed makes it all the more laughable.  

PS.  Did not call it malicious.  And i know you guys are well aware that i edited my comment to say that and it wasnt originally what it said

I agree with Jay but wasn't made a mod.

Sigh

I have to agree with Jay, he was moderated because he only said that in a obvious troll thread right? But he originally didn't know.
"And i know you guys are well aware that i edited my comment to say that and it wasnt originally what it said"

It wasn't obvious to him, so the reason for the warning and the respective justification don't make sense.

.

I'm gonna just reference Smeags' comment again at this point:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6886820

That's all that has to be said on the matter. That's all that needs to be said on the matter as well, if you ask me.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.