By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Mod Team: Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask Here!

Ka-pi96 said:
RolStoppable said:
Protendo said:
Where/who do you report a bad and demeaning moderator?

Sigh... what has Conegamer done this time?

That's mean, automatically assuming it was Conegamer.

Conegamer is one of the worst mods I've ever seen!

He doesn't research anything. As soon as a report comes in, he bans. He claims I violate rules, when I clearly don't! He claims I go off topic, and he banned me for saying this:

"I suppose that makes sense, but as sales have proven, multiplats aren't what sell a system. Exclusives are. COD, Minecraft, DragonAge, Far Cry, Assassin's Creed and GTA aren't exclusive. A person who owns a PC or a PS4 already have easy access to all of those games. What incentive would they have for getting an Xbone?"
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=192326&page=4

Like I said, he claims I was off topic, but this was in a sales thread about the Xbone outselling the Wii U. How can the above be off topic??

He is the absolute worse mod I've ever seen!

And get this... This wasn't the only time!

He banned me for using American idioms! Telling me I'm off topic for saying something like, "In other news. Bear takes sh*t in woods." in a thread about something every other person has been saying was blatantly obvious. He thought I was literally talking about bears!

Some times I feel that the actions performed by Conegamer is how VGC feels about its board members. Its as if they do not want people to engage in dialog about video games. If that's the case, then I'll be more than happy to take that dialog to a place that won't punish me for everything I say.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Around the Network
QuintonMcLeod said:

He doesn't research anything. As soon as a report comes in, he bans. He claims I violate rules, when I clearly don't! He claims I go off topic, and he banned me for saying this:

"I suppose that makes sense, but as sales have proven, multiplats aren't what sell a system. Exclusives are. COD, Minecraft, DragonAge, Far Cry, Assassin's Creed and GTA aren't exclusive. A person who owns a PC or a PS4 already have easy access to all of those games. What incentive would they have for getting an Xbone?"

Like I said, he claims I was off topic, but this was in a sales thread about the Xbone outselling the Wii U. How can the above be off topic??

He banned me for using American idioms! Telling me I'm off topic for saying something like, "In other news. Bear takes sh*t in woods." in a thread about something every other person has been saying was blatantly obvious. He thought I was literally talking about bears!

Some times I feel that the actions performed by Conegamer is how VGC feels about its board members. Its as if they do not want people to engage in dialog about video games. If that's the case, then I'll be more than happy to take that dialog to a place that won't punish me for everything I say.

Well, looking at the thread, it is pretty obvious you derailed it.  The thread became focused on whether or not multiplats sell consoles (which they obviously do) instead of whether the xbox one will outsell the wii u.  I dont know your moderation history so I dont know if I would have banned you for it, but I would have at least warned you and told you to move it to a different thread if I was a mod. 

As far as your idiom, I'm american and havent heard that one either.  Not really sure what the context was so cant really comment on it.

My advice, if you are ever in a situation where your argument is being turned into the focus of the thread, go make a new thread about it or move the conversation to private messages.  

Also, while conegamer can be quick to ban, he is still a good mod and handles a large amount of the moderations on this site without much problem.  He is also still fairly new and has improved quite a bit since his first couple months as a mod.  Dont be so quick to get on his case, its a tough job that he does for free.  

gergroy said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

1) Well, looking at the thread, it is pretty obvious you derailed it.  The thread became focused on whether or not multiplats sell consoles (which they obviously do) instead of whether the xbox one will outsell the wii u.  I dont know your moderation history so I dont know if I would have banned you for it, but I would have at least warned you and told you to move it to a different thread if I was a mod. 

2) As far as your idiom, I'm american and havent heard that one either.  Not really sure what the context was so cant really comment on it.

My advice, if you are ever in a situation where your argument is being turned into the focus of the thread, go make a new thread about it or move the conversation to private messages.  

3) Also, while conegamer can be quick to ban, he is still a good mod and handles a large amount of the moderations on this site without much problem.  He is also still fairly new and has improved quite a bit since his first couple months as a mod.  Dont be so quick to get on his case, its a tough job that he does for free.  

1) You should re-read the thread. The point wasn't whether multiplats sell on consoles, but how much they influence console sales. That's on topic.

2) How old are you? You've gotta be pretty young to have never heard of that idiom. Try typing it into Google.

3) No, he's not a good mod. There's a difference between regulating toxic debates and completely censoring them. If what Conegamer does represents how the entire site feels as a whole toward its' forum members, then tell me now. I'll be happy to join another forum.

QuintonMcLeod said:
gergroy said:

1) Well, looking at the thread, it is pretty obvious you derailed it.  The thread became focused on whether or not multiplats sell consoles (which they obviously do) instead of whether the xbox one will outsell the wii u.  I dont know your moderation history so I dont know if I would have banned you for it, but I would have at least warned you and told you to move it to a different thread if I was a mod. 

2) As far as your idiom, I'm american and havent heard that one either.  Not really sure what the context was so cant really comment on it.

3) Also, while conegamer can be quick to ban, he is still a good mod and handles a large amount of the moderations on this site without much problem.  He is also still fairly new and has improved quite a bit since his first couple months as a mod.  Dont be so quick to get on his case, its a tough job that he does for free.  

1) You should re-read the thread. The point wasn't whether multiplats sell on consoles, but how much they influence console sales. That's on topic.

2) How old are you? You've gotta be pretty young to have never heard of that idiom. Try typing it into Google.

3) No, he's not a good mod. There's a difference between regulating toxic debates and completely censoring them. If what Conegamer does represents how the entire site feels as a whole toward its' forum members, then tell me now. I'll be happy to join another forum.

1) maybe you should re-read what I said... And while it is on topic with your initial argument, it became the focus of the thread, thus derailing the initial topic.  Like i said, if your argument it taking over a thread, move it to another.  Create a thread about how multiplats influence console sales so people can keep discussing the original topic of the original thread.

2) I am 32, it definitely isnt a commonly used idiom in the western states.

3) I'll let conegamer adress that.

also, why in the hell do you keep bolding everything?

Protendo said:

I'd rather just report it to authorities.  

Ignore Rol. He's just confused from the annihilation he witnessed yesterday from the Saints.

@Quinton

Your post is exactly (exactly) what we don't want in this thread (or anywhere really). You start off with being disrespectful, and you try to make a case against someone without bringing all the evidence and twisting the facts to suit your needs.

Or did you forget that you were also moderated because of quote trees (you were warned on your wall before this incident)? It's right there in your mod report.

And he didn't ban you for that "bear" post, he warned you for spam (because it was some oddball non-post that added nothing to the conversation at hand).

So for all that, take a day off and learn to properly voice your concerns.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Sadly, Conegamer isn't an exception. The whole mod team looks down on this community. Even the people who doubted that the mods on this site are like that were quickly convinced of the truth when Mr Khan posted an excerpt of the mod chat that took place during Sony's E3 presentation. Not only were the mods mocking Sony ("Portstation LOL"), but also the general behavior of the community.

It wasn't our finest moments, but be sure it wont happen again.

But it certainly was not the entire mod team. Not even half.

Ka-pi96 said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with that. The mod chat is outside of this forum so you guys should be able to say whatever you want in it.

Sure, but when that is brought into VGChartz, it becomes regulated by VGChartz rules.

So it was most certainly inappropriate and wont happen again.

On that note, brb gonna trash talk Kresnik.

Smeags said:
RolStoppable said:

Sadly, Conegamer isn't an exception. The whole mod team looks down on this community. Even the people who doubted that the mods on this site are like that were quickly convinced of the truth when Mr Khan posted an excerpt of the mod chat that took place during Sony's E3 presentation. Not only were the mods mocking Sony ("Portstation LOL"), but also the general behavior of the community.

It wasn't our finest moments, but be sure it wont happen again.

But it certainly was not the entire mod team. Not even half.

I see why it cannot happen again, lord knows we all need to be able to privately say things without fear of it becoming public.

That said, it was utterly hilarious (in addition to being wildly inappropriate #pleaseletmestayamod)

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Ka-pi96 said:
starcraft said:

I see why it cannot happen again, lord knows we all need to be able to privately say things without fear of it becoming public.

That said, it was utterly hilarious (in addition to being wildly inappropriate #pleaseletmestayamod)

I can't really remember exactly what was said.... but that sounds very suspicious.

What did you say starcraft?

Totally wasn't me.

I am widely accepted as the most moderate of the moderators.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I wonder how the community actually sees each of us.