By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Mod Team: Questions, Comments, Concerns? Ask Here!

Carl2291 said:
I wonder how the community actually sees each of us.

I, for one, despise you.

Around the Network

Typing the whole text in bolded should be a ban.

Hynad said:

starcraft said:

I am widely accepted as the most moderate of the moderators.

That would be Carl.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Smeags said:
Protendo said:

I'd rather just report it to authorities.  

Ignore Rol. He's just confused from the annihilation he witnessed yesterday from the Saints.

@Quinton

Your post is exactly (exactly) what we don't want in this thread (or anywhere really). You start off with being disrespectful, and you try to make a case against someone without bringing all the evidence and twisting the facts to suit your needs.

Or did you forget that you were also moderated because of quote trees (you were warned on your wall before this incident)? It's right there in your mod report.

And he didn't ban you for that "bear" post, he warned you for spam (because it was some oddball non-post that added nothing to the conversation at hand).

So for all that, take a day off and learn to properly voice your concerns.

Hey, you don't gotta worry about me, man. I came to this thread with a legitamate complaint, and you banned me for having the "audacity" to politely voice it. I didn't insult anyone, and I was very cordial and civil. You didn't address me until after you banned me - and that was based on a post made out to another forum member. You still didn't address my original issue (but I was being disrespectful, according to you).

Here's the issue with these boards - and I'm going to say these issues without being rude or disrespectful. After I'm done explaining, I will happily receive whatever ban you guys will place on me. That's what you guys do best.

1) You moderators don't moderate. You censor. There's a clear difference between the two. I thought that perhaps I was going crazy when I saw how ban-happy you guys are. You guys label anything you don't like as an infraction. Rules be damned. Oh, and btw, Conegamer didn't moderate me for my quote tree. I only had 3 levels in my response. It wasn't anything overly ridiculous, but whatever. You guys will ban people for anything and make up any excuses you can to justify it. I'm not being rude here. I'm stating facts I've seen with my own eyes.

I've seen people make whole threads about how they dislike the way moderators treat them, and dispite how civil they're being, they get banned and their threads get locked - which leads into my next point.

2) You guys censor people's opinions to the point where no one can have an opinion. If I hadn't seen this for myself, I wouldn't believe it. Unfortunately, I have. I've seen a guy get banned for feeling as though Microsoft was lying about Sunset Overdrive. He was told that he was being a troll because "Everybody else knows it's not true, so he should've known it too." No Joke.

Any gamergate-titled thread is immediatley locked. Members have to sneak a gamergate discussion into threads or cleverly word the title of threads to have gamergate conversations. Any thread pointing out some of the contraversial things the moderators do is locked and the OP banned. Anything that the moderators don't like is banned or heavily moderated. It's a joke. Oh, and please feel free to correct me if you feel I'm wrong. I doubt I'll reply (or be able to reply). Anyway, what's the point of having a community when the forums resemble the freedoms offered in N. Korea? Perhaps it has more to do with accepting funding from the very companies you guys are supposed to be reporting on (this had been pointed out multiple publications I might add). Once again, I'm not trying to be rude. I am pointing out facts as I see them.

3) You guys don't address legitimate complaints. Period. I had one, and I was banned for having that complaint. I followed the OPs rules and offered my facts. That's when another forum member (not a mod, mind you) told me his feelings on the matter. I further elucidated, and I was told that I was twisting the facts. I used the wrong word in my original post. I said 'banned' when I meant to say 'warned' when discussing my first infraction from Conegamer, but I will admit that mistake. However, I wasn't banned for saying that. I was banned due to a reply I made to another member. The mod claims, "Oh, you didn't address your post the way the OP specified", except... I did, but I digress. I still sent a complaint email to that jojo.bo@gmail.com email, and never received a single response for all the other times I've been moderated. Not a single response. I've sent multiple emails for each time I was moderated, and nothing. Point being, Conegamer has moderated me multiple times for very small things that do not break any rule you guys have listed. When I say moderated, it's not limited to bans nor warnings.

Look, I've been civil. I'm sitting here explaining to you, as a human-being, what my problems are. I didn't call anyone outside of their name, I didn't yell nor have I shown any disrespect. I'm sure I will get banned, because anyone who complains to a moderator about an issue gets banned.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

When you start out your argument by saying "Conegamer is one of the worst mods I've ever seen!", then no... you're not being respectful, or polite, or cordial, or whatever words you want to use. You're not arguing the issue, you're starting off by attacking the moderator. And we will not tolerate that.

You say that ConeGamer didn't moderate you for your quote tree, but here's your ban message: Spamming (Time and time again, you've been derailing threads with comments like this one and also producing needlessly long quote trees. Enough of it. Trim down quotes trees and stay on topic.). Well look at that! Quote trees were part of the reason for your ban!

You say that users who complain about moderation have their threads locked. Well... yeah... did you read the rules when you signed up for this website? (When you agreed with the terms and conditions you said you did...).

From the rules: If you have a problem with a moderator, send that moderator a private message, and if you are still dissatisfied, send a private message to axumblade, the Lead Moderator. If you are banned and cannot login, email mods@vgchartz.com with your issue and you will get a response from the Lead Moderator. Do not post these issues in the forums, outside of moderator-sanctioned threads, or on the moderator’s wall - doing so may result in moderation action against you. No wonder...

And you bring up all these accusations without actual evidence. Hey, that's another rule you haven't read! I even told you to read the OP when you came back, but I bet you didn't read that either. (From the OP: We are open to all kinds of critiques, feedback, and concerns, but doing so must be done in a manner that is professional, respectful, and above all else, backed up with evidence and facts. Any baseless or unsupported accusation or criticism has no potential to serve anyone and therefore can be treated as spam and/or an unfounded attack on a moderator.)

And please, this is for everyone... enough of the Nazi/Communist/North Korea/Whatever comparisons. It just makes you look very silly.

That email belongs to our former head mod, AxumBlade, who is no longer head mod. Kantor is now head mod so contact him, complaining about the ban I'm giving you right now. But please, next time actually be cognizant of the rules and how we operate. Otherwise you just sound uninformed. And we wouldn't want that.

Around the Network

Im not sure either one of his posts merits a ban. I wouldnt blame him for leaving the community entirely.  And no im not saying he is right either.

JayWood2010 said:

Im not sure either one of his posts merits a ban. I wouldnt blame him for leaving the community entirely.  And no im not saying he is right either.

While part of me wants to agree with you that it seems overharsh, somebody has to fall on their sword in order to demonstrate to others posting in this thread where the line is and what won't be tolerated. That way this thread remains constructive and doesn't become the mecca of whining that the last one did.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

One of you guys should remake that thread where people are free to insult each other without getting banned. Best place for honest opinions.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Can I make a thread about MY opinions/thoughts about a lot of gaming related things, because I'm bored???

Erwin-VGC said:
Can I make a thread about MY opinions/thoughts about a lot of gaming related things, because I'm bored???

Sure, as long as its respectful and you fill the OP with useful content.

I personally posted a review of Wolfenstein for example. Others have posted their thoughts on issues, such as review embargoes etc, along with relevant examples to support their case.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS