By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Driveclub Review Thread - Meta 74

dane007 said:
todd2r said:
What is it now? 74 or 73? I predicted 73 in the prediction thread. I called it a solid yet shallow experience....and i was right. I feel bad for ps4 only owners. Its been a rough go.

73 is a bad score? lol Thats  still a good score . it means the game is great but not phenomenal. can't alays expect all games to get 8 and above.

73 - bad

74 - average

75 - good

78 - great

Around the Network

-mod edit-

Hmmm dropped to a 73 now, just noticed Destiny dropped a point also.

I said 72 in the meta prediction thread, only 2 points off. Pretty good :P

As expected.

Around the Network

Was expecting something closer to 80. Still will probably buy it once I get a PS4 by then it will probably be pretty cheap.

Seems the main complaint is that the devs spent all their time making the game look pretty at the expense of making it play well. I'll still play it, simply because part of it comes with ps+, otherwise I would just skip it, like I do every other racing game.

Vasto said:
And they said Driveclub is the Forza killer?

Who's they?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

flagstaad said:
artur-fernand said:
Why is 74 a "yellow" score on metacritic again? Isn't that well above average? Shouldn't it be green already, and instead make sub-70 yellow...? I don't know.

Esentially the videogames reviews usually give higher scores than other media, we have too many 9+ and 8+ compared to other entertainment options... I will give you an example.

Currently the best rated movie on theathers on a wide release has a score of 79, the worst is 13

For the PS4 the best rated game released has a score of 95, the worst is 30

So the average is higher for games that for movies, and Metacritic took it into account at the moment of defining the color code.

70+ should still be green IMO, especially now that it seems reviewers are starting to use a wider range of scores than 6-10. Especially a 70+ average because that means a lot of reviews are >75. For instance in Driveclub's case there are 29 green reviews and 13 yellow reviews. That means there is a >2:1 ratio between generally positive reviews and mixed reviews. A lage majority of reviewers hink it is a worthy game. And there are no negative reviews.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Vasto said:
And they said Driveclub is the Forza killer?

Who's they?

That is a great question. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!