By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Boycott PS4 Assassin's Creed Unity #BoycottACUnityPS4

Mr Puggsly said:
bigjon said:

Gamer rage over MS's 2013 E3 unveil of the XB1 certainly has carried over to sales for the console. I see no reason why the word of mouth of this douchery wont hurt the sales for AC:Unity, I think the XB1 version may sell as much as the PS4 version because so many PS4 owners are going to pass on it. Nobody wants to buy a product they know the maker purposely made worse.

Nope, you're wrong, wrong, wrong. The game will still sell much better on PS4 because that's where most AC fans are.

Its illogical to compare a game to an expensive game console. There are various reasons people are choosing PS4 over X1. But resolution parity isn't gonna stop AC fans from playing the next game.

I think you under estimate the concept of "value" to the consumer. People don't like buying something they know the making "half-assed" even if the end product is still good. There are SO many other options the next few months, many people likemyself were on the fence whether to get this game or get others. When your on the fence something like this makes the decision so much easier. 

For one, there will be very little positive word of mouth from the PS4 fanbase. Word of mouth is powerfull and this game will have little.

I know finance, I know marketing. This will have a major impact on sales, but I do admit it will be hard to quantify it. How about this. AC Unity sell less on PS4 than AC4 BF, yep, install base is much higher now and the game should sell better than the previous installment, but this one wont.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
bigjon said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Nope, you're wrong, wrong, wrong. The game will still sell much better on PS4 because that's where most AC fans are.

Its illogical to compare a game to an expensive game console. There are various reasons people are choosing PS4 over X1. But resolution parity isn't gonna stop AC fans from playing the next game.

I think you under estimate the concept of "value" to the consumer. People don't like buying something they know the making "half-assed" even if the end product is still good. There are SO many other options the next few months, many people likemyself were on the fence whether to get this game or get others. When your on the fence something like this makes the decision so much easier. 

For one, there will be very little positive word of mouth from the PS4 fanbase. Word of mouth is powerfull and this game will have little.

I know finance, I know marketing. This will have a major impact on sales, but I do admit it will be hard to quantify it. How about this. AC Unity sell less on PS4 than AC4 BF, yep, install base is much higher now and the game should sell better than the previous installment, but this one wont.

I think you over estimate how important 1080p is to AC fans.

You said, "I think the XB1 version may sell as much as the PS4 version because so many PS4 owners are going to pass on it." I think you're talking nonsense. So lets just wait and see what happens. Its just around the corner now.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think PS4 owners are as petty as you think. Its going to sell much better on PS4 regardless of resolution parity.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

We should also boycott Destiny, Watch_Dogs, FIFA, CoD and whatever else because all these games are paid to be better (or worse) on one console as on another one but still cost always the same on every console. But oddly enough nobody cares enough to start huge campaigns against it as long as it isn't about resolution lol...

Guitarguy said:

Was Watch_Dogs(PS4) the same specs(resolution and framerate wise) as the Xbox1 version? Or are you talking about the yearly follow-ups that will inevitably occur?

No. (900p / 792p) But now some think that they may have reduced the resolution from 1080p to 900p at the last time in order to avoid too much debate. (all trailers/gameplay previews were indeed running at 1080p on real PS4).

Indeed, the game was already CPU limited, the only rare time there was framerate drops on PS4 was because of the weak CPU (when too much explosions and physics heavy stuff was happening on the screen which is done on the CPU). So maybe the game could be running at the same fps at 900p or at 1080p.

Even in the DF article, they were surprised by how solid the framerate was on PS4 and wondered if the game could have run at higher specs easily.

AnthonyW86 said:
Let me guess, the X1 version runs at 900p to? I won't be buying this game then.

Really? Yeah, that's a great attitude for being a gamer! :)

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
AnthonyW86 said:

It's not that i don't play a game because of a certain resolution, but if a developer brings down the PS4 version to match the X1 version than that's bullcrap.

AnthonyW86 said:
walsufnir said:
AnthonyW86 said:

It's not that i don't play a game because of a certain resolution, but if a developer brings down the PS4 version to match the X1 version than that's bullcrap.

But we don't know if it's the Xbone version that causes the PS4 version to be only 900p.

walsufnir said:
AnthonyW86 said:
walsufnir said:
AnthonyW86 said:

But we don't know if it's the Xbone version that causes the PS4 version to be only 900p.

Resolution is gpu only, so yes it's just like that. If you're talking framerate, if the game is truly that cpu bottlenecked the X1 might have pulled of a few more fps, but that doesn't affect the resolution.

If a game is truly cpu dependend and limits the game to 30 fps, you should be able to go from 480p to 1080p and always get 30 fps. But as long as the gpu has some room to spare, it doesn't affect the framerate.

AnthonyW86 said:
walsufnir said:

Resolution is gpu only, so yes it's just like that. If you're talking framerate, if the game is truly that cpu bottlenecked the X1 might have pulled of a few more fps, but that doesn't affect the resolution.

If a game is truly cpu dependend and limits the game to 30 fps, you should be able to go from 480p to 1080p and always get 30 fps. But as long as the gpu has some room to spare, it doesn't affect the framerate.

I don't know how many times I read this and it gets parrotted over and over again. So, please: tell me why this is this the case or if you are only repeating what you read somewhere. Many thanks.

Not giving money to Ubisoft ever again, or get the games a year later for 5 bucks or buy them used.