By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Boycott PS4 Assassin's Creed Unity #BoycottACUnityPS4

Mr Puggsly said:

Wii U has no similarity to what's going on here.

See: "gimped ports are gimped ports".

Around the Network

They just made my games choice this year a lot easier. This has put a bad taste in my mouth. I've played every AC p to now and love black flag on PS4. This will be a bargain bin purchase from me. I'm getting GTA 5 PS4, Far Cry 4, Driveclub and LBP2 this xmas.

Already made the mistake of buying Fifa 15 this year so I'm not going to blindly give my money to an undeserving dev again so soon. Ubi must have 10 dev studios working on this game. They look pathetic releasing a held back game with so much man power behind it.

Expectations for The Division are gone. Prob won't be getting that either.

microsoft is like "who needs stronger hardware when you can implement a parity clause"

thismeintiel said:

I'm sorry, is it 2001?  Nope, it's 2014.  I have a 1080p LCD TV, not a 480i CRT TV.  I want a console that actually makes use of that TV.

Hmmm... a 1080p TV makes better use of a 900p game than a 480p TV.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

NightDragon83 said:

What a bunch of whiners... all that over a few pixels that you can't even tell the difference with the naked eye sitting more than 5ft from your TV screen.

Apparently Sony fans forgot the PS1 & 2 eras where many multiplatform games either looked on par or even *gasp* WORSE on Sony's hardware than their competitors, but that didn't seem to stop them from enjoying their consoles and games anyway.

I think th epoint of this entire thing has completely gone over your head. Or you just insist on only seeing what yu want to see.

It snot about graphics, O personally have been saying that ubisoft should just have kept their stupid mouths shut and released both games at 900p and no one would have said a word. That would have been that. 

The problem; what is wrong here is that ubisoft actually came out and said that they locked both games at the same specs to avoid the debates. Which in all honesty in and of itself is just flat out wrong to begin with and then secondly smells of complete bullshit. Its that simple, nothing more to it. If you cannot honestly see why that is a problem then I don't know what else to say.

The take the version of the game that would typically sell more and runs on better hardware and deliberately make it run worse? And this is somehow acceptable?

And whiners? Seriously, if nothing else i think its remarkable that sony fans speak with a unified voice. You can call them whiners all you want, but if this nonsense is sorted what would you say then? Maybe if the MS fans had spoken up too instead of just eating up all the nonsense MS were feeding them MS wouldn't be in the bind they are in now with the XB1. That aside, look at the thread on this matter on neogaf, over half a million views. And a lot of those poeple are going to talk to others about this too. I think you or ubisoft wil be making a very grave mistake if they underplay the importance of mindhare and how important the internet and/or twitter plays into that in this day and age.

Around the Network

Will the game still sell millions?

Yes.

Will the game sell as much as if they had actually done the right thing and coded to make use of each console's specs?

No

Will this controversy kill the franchise?

No

Will it lower the profits for Ubisoft?

Yes

Afterall it's all about the profits for the publisher and this is their flagship title. It won't kill them, but it's going to hurt where they care about... zie monies!!

It's a lesson for every other publisher out there, don't pull this shit again. No matter whose console has the advantage at any given time.

I was not sure about Shadow of Mordor or AC unity, well now i know ^^ thank you ubisoft to make my choice and life easier ^^

Why didn't MS just spend more money and make a better console than throwing it all around now to get people to gimp their games or buy exclusives. With 10% more loss on each console sold they could have had parity with the PS4.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Mr Puggsly said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Mr Puggsly said:

LOL!

Sony is not in a position to throw away money and force AC fans to get an Xbox.

The fact is the average consumer won't even notice or care. Some people on this forum just don't consider the average consumer. Not every gamer is a forum dweller searching for the native resolution of their games.

I agree that Sony wouldn't try to pull that, but forum users have friends that don't use forums and Twitter is read by people who don't use forums.

Well good luck to them on trying to convince fans not to buy the next AC.

I don't think 900p is a deal breaker.

Gamer rage over MS's 2013 E3 unveil of the XB1 certainly has carried over to sales for the console. I see no reason why the word of mouth of this douchery wont hurt the sales for AC:Unity, I think the XB1 version may sell as much as the PS4 version because so many PS4 owners are going to pass on it. Nobody wants to buy a product they know the maker purposely made worse.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:

Gamer rage over MS's 2013 E3 unveil of the XB1 certainly has carried over to sales for the console. I see no reason why the word of mouth of this douchery wont hurt the sales for AC:Unity, I think the XB1 version may sell as much as the PS4 version because so many PS4 owners are going to pass on it. Nobody wants to buy a product they know the maker purposely made worse.

Nope, you're wrong, wrong, wrong. The game will still sell much better on PS4 because that's where most AC fans are.

Its illogical to compare a game to an expensive game console. There are various reasons people are choosing PS4 over X1. But resolution parity isn't gonna stop AC fans from playing the next game.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)