By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed Unity is 900p/30fps on both PS4 & Xbox One 'to avoid all the debates and stuff'

Sharpryno said:
poklane said:
Personally I was considering Unity if the reviews will good, but now I might get it when it's on sale for like €20. I'm not supporting developers and publishers who intentionally hold back 1 version of a game.

They have been holding back the graphics on PC games forever.

But the Sony bros quickly dismiss that. Hypocritical. 

Isn't that normally different. Most games are never even made to make full use of PC specs because that is not the main intended platform. The assets and engine are simply not designed to take full capacity of a monster rig.

Thats different to cases like this and say Watchdogs (which you may have been refering to), where they have these higher builds running on PC but they just lock the features for sake of parity. At least with Watchdogs they gave a reason (unpredictable performance) and didn't just come straight out and say  we don't want to upset the console gamers.

Around the Network
super6646 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Did anybody read the paragraph about AI? They're not intentionally holding the PS4 back, the game is CPU bound and both Xbox One and PS4 have roughly the same CPU, hense why the performance is the same. Would you rather they decrease the number of characters on the screen just to hit 1080p? I swear, gamers this generation have been so obnoxious, this desire for 1080p is holding games back from their true potential. Face facts guys, neither the Xbox One or PS4 were as powerful as devs were hoping for, that's why they're only equivalent to mid-range PC's this gen whereas last gen 360/PS3 started out equivalent to high-end PC's. Let developers optimize games the way they want to optimize them instead of telling them that 1080p/60fps are requirements, you're forcing their hands by doing that and causing them to have to make sacrifices they don't want to make. I applaud you Ubisoft, for having the balls to stand up to obnoxious gamers and do what many other devs have been too scared to do, refuse to sacrifice features you wanted in the game just to hit 1080p/60fps.

Absolutely agree, I think its better off this gen is to improve AI in games, instead of demanding 1080p (next gen will be a focus to 4k gaming) as that is what is holding back this gen, the 1080p number, fact is I prefer 900p or 720p but have a game with improved AI, larger draw distances, and larger crowds and more immersive worlds than 1080p but everything dumbed down!

Wanting 900p or even 720p for larger draw distances is quite possibly one of the dumbest things I've ever read on any site, not just gaming.

PS4 CPU/GPU/Memory bandwidth Combo completely destroy XBOne; don't believe any crap coming out from devs/publishers.

PS4 can easy run Assassin's Creed Unity at 1080p/30 fps if Devs wanted. Come on guys, Ubisoft are insulting our intelligence.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

true_fan said:
Protendo said:

The cloud isn't exclusive to Xbox One.

BTW:  Nowhere does it mention that you must be online to play.  How does that work?

Never said it was, but what I am saying is that Ubisoft could haave elected to use the cloud for AI calcuations on the XB1, but we know sony doesn't have the network for that yet, hence parity. It alwasy isn't an XB1 held back ps4 type of thing.

Yeah.... You're just making a bunch of fairy tales at this point. You don't have a single source that confirms that Sony doesn't have the network for cloud AI calculations.

Ohhh the internet forum dwellers aren't going to buy it?!?!?!?!?!? I'm sure Ubi is losing sleep over that

Around the Network
dahuman said:

Shh! Its actually at 60 FPS.

Sharpryno said:
I don't get why everyone is ignoring the fact they called the CPU a bottleneck for both systems

That doesn't prevent at all a 1080p image on PS4. They have more time to run the GPU stuff than the CPU:

During roughly the same frametime the ~40% more powerfull PS4 GPU is mathematically rendering a 1080 image versus 900p for XB1 GPU. Maybe even more thanks to the 80% more ROPS.

true_fan said:
Protendo said:

The cloud isn't exclusive to Xbox One.

BTW:  Nowhere does it mention that you must be online to play.  How does that work?

Never said it was, but what I am saying is that Ubisoft could haave elected to use the cloud for AI calcuations on the XB1, but we know sony doesn't have the network for that yet, hence parity. It alwasy isn't an XB1 held back ps4 type of thing.

Do you really believe that?  Do you really think there is no alternative to Azure?  As someone who develops for the cloud for a living, I don't understand how you could think that.

BTW on your CPU question:  Here is one of the benchmarks (all which favor the PS4):

WHAT?

Fuck off, Ubisoft. 900p is fugly. What a fucking lame reason...

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Vena said:
estebxx said:
so they held back the PS4 version intentionally?, this is the worst case scenario for us PS4 users, thankfully i stoped buying AC games a long time ago, so skipping this one wont make a difference.

No, the CPU held back the PS4 version. The game is not throttled by the GPU but by the CPU.

All i know (From facts) is that every single game out has have a better version on the PS4 (unless both version get 1080 60 from less demanding games), so this BS of "we couldnt get it better because of the CPU" sounds like BS, especially considering that the game is being pushed by MS, (what a coincidence...) also im not a tech guy, but some of the guys who do know about tech here in this forum are also saying that this is BS...

also who cares about the CPU argument when all you need to read from the article is this:

"We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff,"

they themselves are saying the reason why they are loocking both versions at the same "specs" and its not because of the CPU, its "to avoid all the debates and stuff", that basically tells me that if they really wanted to, they could get the PS4 version to 1080p or to 60 FPS with some extra work, but they wont to avoid all the "debates"...