By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed Unity is 900p/30fps on both PS4 & Xbox One 'to avoid all the debates and stuff'

estebxx said:

also who cares about the CPU argument when all you need to read from the article is this:

"We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff,"

If you've overheaded the CPU to the point of bottlenecking, then the GPU won't be able to get fed anything for higher resolution, this isn't magic. Now, its perfectly possible that sheer incompetence has left Ubisoft with no desire to actually optimize and get out more from the better PS4 GPU. So they decided to avoid doing any extra work.

Around the Network
Theonemind said:
true_fan said:
Protendo said:

The cloud isn't exclusive to Xbox One.

BTW:  Nowhere does it mention that you must be online to play.  How does that work?

Never said it was, but what I am saying is that Ubisoft could haave elected to use the cloud for AI calcuations on the XB1, but we know sony doesn't have the network for that yet, hence parity. It alwasy isn't an XB1 held back ps4 type of thing.

Please post proof Sony cannot......  They cannot as it would need to be online only and would make the game poor in areas with slow Internet.   Sony can do cloud it's as easy as renting servers.... It is not good for gaming currently

With what money?

Boycotted, probably just wait 'til it hits PC, so the mod community can unfuck what developers continue to do.

Sounds like a $20 purchase to me!

"Parity"...

Such a crap, i expected it, the Xbone hold back the ps4 for some multi, it's sad.

Around the Network

So the take away is ...

1) The PS4 version is being held back (graphically at least)

2) The consoles are not as powerful as they would like.

It's a shame really. I would still prefer they push both systems to the best of their ability. I doubt people who exclusively own the Xbox One would mind if their version was at 900 as opposed to 1080 on the alternative platform.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Nate4Drake said:
PS4 CPU/GPU/Memory bandwidth Combo completely destroy XBOne; don't believe any crap coming out from devs/publishers.

PS4 can easy run Assassin's Creed Unity at 1080p/30 fps if Devs wanted. Come on guys, Ubisoft are insulting our intelligence.

If you have the strongest arms, the smartest brain and the most money, you will still not beat Usain Bolt in a sprint.

What I want to say is, other parts of the system will not help a bottleneck that doesn't concern them. You can't put more memory in your system to make better graphics and you can't put more graphics in your system to speed up the CPU.

If the CPU is limiting then no combination of hardare will make the bottleneck disappear. And last time I checked the X1 has the slightly faster CPU. So who is bottlenecking a game now?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

true_fan said:
Theonemind said:
true_fan said:
Protendo said:

The cloud isn't exclusive to Xbox One.

BTW:  Nowhere does it mention that you must be online to play.  How does that work?

Never said it was, but what I am saying is that Ubisoft could haave elected to use the cloud for AI calcuations on the XB1, but we know sony doesn't have the network for that yet, hence parity. It alwasy isn't an XB1 held back ps4 type of thing.

Please post proof Sony cannot......  They cannot as it would need to be online only and would make the game poor in areas with slow Internet.   Sony can do cloud it's as easy as renting servers.... It is not good for gaming currently

With what money?

Same money the used to make ps4 TV's,  movies, and phones, first party games,  cameras etc... , 

true_fan said:
Theonemind said:

With what money?

Hardly matters since your original claim that the PS4 CPU was holding the X1 back was completely false. As proven to you, PS4's CPU has higher benchmarks than the X1's CPU. I guess the PS4 doesn't need the cloud since its CPU, GPU, and RAM performs better

NobleTeam360 said:
Ohhh the internet forum dwellers aren't going to buy it?!?!?!?!?!? I'm sure Ubi is losing sleep over that

Don't really care if they lose sleep over it. I on the other hand will lose sleep over giving them $60 of MY money. I think thats what matters. I don't even care that its 900p, just hate their BS reason and the fact that they just admitted that they could have actually made a better product. They should have just kept their mouths shut. 

Still looking forward to the game though, just gonna buy it used.