By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed Unity is 900p/30fps on both PS4 & Xbox One 'to avoid all the debates and stuff'

lol, why did they think that they could avoid debates with this?

The "X1 is holding PS4 back" debate could be as big as "resolutiongate"...

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
true_fan said:

So much so, that you couldn't dismiss my comment with facts. Cloud AI calcuation is working on 4 XB1 games already, so technically ps4 is holding back XB1.

You are wrong.

To the Mods. If someone says or does something that is stupid, is it a banable offence calling the person stupid? I mean I would think that its like calling a fat person fat.

I don't think it takes a mod to answer this question

vivster said:
teigaga said:

Well that was in specific reference to the game being locked at 30fps, I'd be suprised if the GPU cannot enable better performance in some whay or another considering (if what you say is true about the xbox's CPU) that all other games have looked better on sonys platform? If the CPU is fully taxed does that render the additional specs of the GPU useless?

Exactly yes. Believe it or not but the GPU actually needs the CPU to feed it stuff to render. So if the CPU is maxed out, the GPU will be behind in its work load resulting in a maxed out CPU and a GPU only at half capacity waiting for the CPU to finish.

Meaning if your CPU is fully maxed out, all the shaders in the world will not create more frames on the screen. In the future stuff like this should and probably will be circumvented by GPGPU meaning that the GPU will take off some load of the CPU for tasks that the GPU can do a lot quicker and more efficiently.

Ok, fair enough :)

Which ever way the ball swings I think they should talior the game to each platform and not let trivial internet wars get in the way. If they came out and said they were too lazy to optimise for each platform I wouldn't have even commented ( I don't plan on getting a ps4/X1 anytime soon), but 'to avoid all the debates and stuff'.´... something about that drives me nuts. 

true_fan said:

With what money?

Yep, Sony doesn't have a penny in the world. They had to find a wizard to create the PS4 and bought Gaiki with monopoly money :(

Seriously though, creating a network intended purely to handle CPU tasks in games wouldn't be particularly expensive. Less than Gaiki that's for sure (no need for a cell based network either lol).

Vena said:
estebxx said:

also who cares about the CPU argument when all you need to read from the article is this:

"We decided to lock them at the same specs to avoid all the debates and stuff,"

If you've overheaded the CPU to the point of bottlenecking, then the GPU won't be able to get fed anything for higher resolution, this isn't magic. Now, its perfectly possible that sheer incompetence has left Ubisoft with no desire to actually optimize and get out more from the better PS4 GPU. So they decided to avoid doing any extra work.

this.

im not a tech guy so im not gonna debate with you, but i seems pretty clear to me looking back at how the other games have turned out and just by reading your comment that it is possible to get more out of the PS4 hardware, but Ubisof is not gonna try and thats lame, but well to be honest i wasnt gonna buy the game regardless, im just against any sort of practice that gets both versions in parity when one of them has the possibility of getting a better version.

Around the Network

Wow. I would say 90% of people replying have NOT read the source article.. The headline is deceptive first of all.. The article was about CPU bottlenecking.. nothing to do with GPU.. both consoles have the same CPU.. The issue here was consoles in general.. not XboxOne vs PS4..

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

and stuff

episteme said:

lol, why did they think that they could avoid debates with this?

The "X1 is holding PS4 back" debate could be as big as "resolutiongate"...

Resolution gate was getting boring, it was becoming the norm.... They just went and revived it by trying to 'avoid all the debates and stuff' which is weird seeing as resolution gate bared no effect on their sales or reviews. They are gonna win some bad karma from this though

teigaga said:

Ok, fair enough :)

Which ever way the ball swings I think they should talior the game to each platform and not let trivial internet wars get in the way. If they came out and said they were too lazy to optimise for each platform I wouldn't have even commented ( I don't plan on getting a ps4/X1 anytime soon), but 'to avoid all the debates and stuff'.´... something about that drives me nuts. 

Yeah, it's kind of shit how they are behaving. If you ever played any Ubi game on PC, you know how badly optimized they are. I'm pretty sure there are ways to optimize the CPU workload and it may even be done in a post launch patch but it looks like they had an extremely tight schedule to keep that prevented them from optimizing. So they said to themselves to just leave it at that and try to spin it into something more positive. Which obviously backfired.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Wow I cant believe they've taken such a decision with their flagship series which is supposed to be the benchmark for graphics etc. , something like FF for Square Enix.

I hope they're not doing the same for Far Cry 4.

It also shows the clout that MS has in the industry, even though are not being able to compete in terms of sales...