By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed Unity is 900p/30fps on both PS4 & Xbox One 'to avoid all the debates and stuff'

Protendo said:
SubiyaCryolite said:

How does rendering at 1080p tax the CPU anymore than rendering in 900p would?

It wouldn't.  The difference could be accomplished via GPGPU.  This isn't comething that can't be offset.

I know, hence Ubisoft is full of crap.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
Protendo said:
true_fan said:
Ps4 must have held back to XB1 version with that tablet CPU. In the article they mentioned "Unity could run at 100fps if it was just graphics, but AI is the problem." So, in essence Ubisoft could have run the AI calculation using Azure for the XB1. So much for parity, darn ps4 holding back games with their last gen technology.

Head in the clouds.

So much so, that you couldn't dismiss my comment with facts. Cloud AI calcuation is working on 4 XB1 games already, so technically ps4 is holding back XB1.

true_fan said:
Theonemind said:
true_fan said:
Ps4 must have held back to XB1 version with that tablet CPU. In the article they mentioned "Unity could run at 100fps if it was just graphics, but AI is the problem." So, in essence Ubisoft could have run the AI calculation using Azure for the XB1. So much for parity, darn ps4 holding back games with their last gen technology.

You don't know what you are talking about... They have the same CPUs.... 

The XB1 CPU is faster than the ps4 CPU, and you completely ignored my comment about the cloud.

Proof it is faster?  A small my bump won't do much of anything.  I ignored cloud for a reason.. A game needs to be always online for that to work and my does not own cloud,  anyone can do it. ... 

true_fan said:
Protendo said:
true_fan said:

Head in the clouds.

So much so, that you couldn't dismiss my comment with facts. Cloud AI calcuation is working on 4 XB1 games already, so technically ps4 is holding back XB1.

The cloud isn't exclusive to Xbox One.

BTW:  Nowhere does it mention that you must be online to play.  How does that work?

As somebody who has slowly been falling out of love with Ubisoft since stupidly purchasing the Assassin's Creed 4 season pass, purchasing Watch_Dogs day one, and already seeing DLC adverts for Unity, I think it's safe to say that my cancelled pre-order was the right decision after reading this. In my eyes at least, Ubi have gone from the good guys of gaming to just another corporation that gets away with things that EA and Activision are crucified for. Assassin's Creed games have been releasing both incomplete and full of glitches for years now, I wish I'd only realised sooner. I'll probably pick it up after the reports that it has sold significantly less than previous iterations, although I suspect that means I may not be picking it up at all.

Around the Network

What a joke. The PS4 version being gimped in order to "avoid all the debates and stuff". Add me to the won'y but list. Every multi-plat game should be better on the PS4, and unless the inane policy this game is implementing becomes more common, the majority will be. F you Ubisoft.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

This movement is picking up steam. Gaf are angry:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/ps4noparity?f=realtime&src=hash

The PS5 Exists. 

true_fan said:
Protendo said:
true_fan said:

Head in the clouds.

Nothing in those games that cannot be done on ps4.  Multiplies speak fire themselves. 

This is why I have stopped buying ubisoft games, they make really bad decisions. I will not purchase this game or any other ubisoft game.

and they think this makes it better? Its not like I care for 1080p vs 900p.... but they should have just kept their mouth shut. To say this is like them openly admitting "well we can make a better game on the PS4, but since we don't want the people that own an XB1 complaining, we decided not to"

Especially when you consider that the PS4 version will sell more than the XB1 version. Ah well, gonna buy used.