By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed Unity is 900p/30fps on both PS4 & Xbox One 'to avoid all the debates and stuff'

Aura7541 said:

The PS4 CPU still performs better due to the fact that its OS has way less overhead than the X1's OS, which holds back its CPU performance despite being clocked higher.

The only reason it is "better" is that they overclocked the CPU to make up for the overhead due to the OS. If it still underperforms then it is interesting.

Around the Network

So Trufan  if I play off line the games would run worse? Lol at this cloud nonsense.  Creed can be played off line.... 

IamAwsome said:
Seriously, people are getting butthurt because a game DOESN'T look better on PS4 for once?? Come on, and to people saying the XB1 is "underpowered", EVERY gen has a weaker console.

true_fan said:
Protendo said:
true_fan said:
Ps4 must have held back to XB1 version with that tablet CPU. In the article they mentioned "Unity could run at 100fps if it was just graphics, but AI is the problem." So, in essence Ubisoft could have run the AI calculation using Azure for the XB1. So much for parity, darn ps4 holding back games with their last gen technology.

Head in the clouds.

So much so, that you couldn't dismiss my comment with facts. Cloud AI calcuation is working on 4 XB1 games already, so technically ps4 is holding back XB1.

You act as if that feature can only be achieved with an X1, which is entirely false. X1 is holding PS4 back. It's that simple. 

teigaga said:

Well that was in specific reference to the game being locked at 30fps, I'd be suprised if the GPU cannot enable better performance in some whay or another considering (if what you say is true about the xbox's CPU) that all other games have looked better on sonys platform? If the CPU is fully taxed does that render the additional specs of the GPU useless?

Exactly yes. Believe it or not but the GPU actually needs the CPU to feed it stuff to render. So if the CPU is maxed out, the GPU will be behind in its work load resulting in a maxed out CPU and a GPU only at half capacity waiting for the CPU to finish.

Meaning if your CPU is fully maxed out, all the shaders in the world will not create more frames on the screen. In the future stuff like this should and probably will be circumvented by GPGPU meaning that the GPU will take off some load of the CPU for tasks that the GPU can do a lot quicker and more efficiently.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Protendo said:

The cloud isn't exclusive to Xbox One.

BTW:  Nowhere does it mention that you must be online to play.  How does that work?

Never said it was, but what I am saying is that Ubisoft could haave elected to use the cloud for AI calcuations on the XB1, but we know sony doesn't have the network for that yet, hence parity. It alwasy isn't an XB1 held back ps4 type of thing.

Sign my petition.

https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-entertainment-ditch-the-parity-clause-in-assassins-creed-unity-ps4-version#share

GribbleGrunger said:

XD

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Kane1389 said:
Euphoria14 said:
So PS4 version intentionally held back?

Poor form Ubi.

This is gonna cause a major shitstorm at GAF lol

It's already begun over ar GAF.

Keep the quote trees down.

This news is already shitty enough as it is, dont make it uber-shitty with uber long quote trees!