By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Anime Discussion - NARUTO series will END on 11/10, FINAL EPISODE on Shonen Jump.

I hope it actually ends for good. The series has gone downhill from the Pain saga.

It was a great run though.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Just in case you guys didn't realize yet, Naruto isn't completely over. There is a new movie releasing in December called Naruto: The Last, which is set 2 years later. Kishi himself created character designs for the movie and helped with the story. The movie is the begnning of what they're calling the "Start of a New Era Project (Shinjidai Kaimaku Purojekkuto)", new canonical entries into the Naruto story set after the ending of the manga. We're not sure in what way these new entries will be delivered yet, it's possible that they're planning a 3rd anime series after Shippuden finishes, written by someone other than Kishi.

That sounds a lot like Dragon Ball GT . . . 

Well this is depressing :(

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

shikamaru317 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
shikamaru317 said:

Just in case you guys didn't realize yet, Naruto isn't completely over. There is a new movie releasing in December called Naruto: The Last, which is set 2 years later. Kishi himself created character designs for the movie and helped with the story. The movie is the begnning of what they're calling the "Start of a New Era Project (Shinjidai Kaimaku Purojekkuto)", new canonical entries into the Naruto story set after the ending of the manga. We're not sure in what way these new entries will be delivered yet, it's possible that they're planning a 3rd anime series after Shippuden finishes, written by someone other than Kishi.

That sounds a lot like Dragon Ball GT . . . 

Yeah, let's just hope it's better than Dragon Ball GT, lol. They seem to be hinting at a more adult anime, the characters will supposedly be 2 years older, which makes Naruto and the others in his age group 18-19. They also seem to be hinting at some romances, for instance Shikamaru seems to be wearing a Sand Village flack jacket in his concept design for the new movie, suggesting that he has taken a position as a Leaf liason to the Sand village, perhaps in order to be closer to Temari (Kishi has hinted at a Shikamaru/Temari romance in the past). 

Yeah GT was an abomination; ruined my favorite childhood characters. I'm kind of iffy on the idea of series focusing on romance but I guess that is the only direction they can take. Sasuke and Naruto are so overpowered and with Kagura and Madara done now there isn't anyone really left.

Oh well, hopefully it turns out well. I'm not sure if I'll watch it, I'm honestly tired of Naruto (the series just hasn't been that good since Pain), but if it is good I might check it out. 

Hiku said:

There are things in this arc I like, such as Isshin and Masaki's past. Though some thing I wonder about, like why they even introduced Halibel at the start of the arc? Perhaps it's saved for the end, but it seems odd how noting really came of it. And there have certainly been a lot of nice characters in the series. Some of my favorites are Yoruichi, Ulquiorra, Nell and Kenpachi. Though many of them suffer from lack of development. But that's not something unique to Bleach, but something common in many shounen series that has a large cast, so it was expected to happen. I think one exception to this rule was Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood, when it coems to the anime). Every character was still useful even by the end of the series. I found that refreshing.
I don't really find any of the newest characters from this arc interesting though (Especially Pepe...) except for the Quincy King, and those two brothers who were mentioned. One could copy someones appearance and the other could copy their abilities.

As for manga/anime with good characters, Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood), Durarara!!, and Code Geass are some of my favorites in that regard.
Durarara is finally getting a second season this January, which I'm very happy about.

It's one of Kubo's most annoying traits. Introducing characters for absolutely no reason -__-

I've found guys like Bazz B, Haschwalth, etc. to be really interesting though. I wonder if We'll see more Aizen.

and Zanka No Tachi, that alone is reason enough to love the manga IMO :D

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
ktay95 said:

Personally I dont know how you can count Bleach when its sales havent even made the top 10 the last 2 years (2012 and 2013, 2014 should be the same as it has dropped YoY the last few years) and had series such as Hunter x Hunter, Fairy Tail and Gintama all outsell it last year. Can we really say a manga that finished in 15th last year in sales is worthy of being named as a part of this big 3. Bleach is more irrelevant than ever, not a part of some dominant big 3.

To add to thi because this quote is kind of funny:

Eiichiro Oda, the creator of One Piece, was asked how it felt to be a part of the Big 3 of Shounen Jump. When asked, he replied, "Big 3? Who're the other two?

Mans got a point, combined the so called other 2 dont even come close to One Piece =P

They're called the Big 3 because they're the most recognizable animes from all over the world?

If I ask my nephew what Bleach or Naruto is, he'll know. But If I ask him what something like Hunter X Hunter is, he'd get confused.

TBH, I think if the anime was still around, Bleach would have higher ratings.

Maybe he wouldn't know it if you say Hunter X Hunter, but he should know it if you say "القناص" !

Finally! Hopefully One Piece and Bleach follow suit.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:

It ain't happening anytime soon for One Piece ... 

fatslob-:O said:
VanceIX said:

It ain't happening anytime soon for One Piece ... 

Sadly true.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:

Sadly true.

It is indeed since I loathe the series very much ...