By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Retro games you're currently playing? (6th generation and lower).

Tagged games:

I am playing Zelda NES on WiiU virtual console.
Also, Daxter on my PSP, I have playes a little of Socom psp yesterday too.
I do not own any retro console, my oldest console is my PSP, since my PS2 broke...
I had a NES, a SNES and a Psone, but I gave it away when I stopped playing, a long time ago.

Here in Brazil there was not such a thing as collecting games back in the day, video games were like cars, you had them as long as you were using them.

After that, you would sell or give it away...

Sure, some wackos collected video games here, but it was not widespread.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
I'm never gonna stop playing Metroid Fusion. Ever.

I can say the same thing about Super Metroid... I can dare to say that was my favorite game on the SNES that I owned... Metroid Fusion was great too though..  had a twist to the whole evil twin story.. 

Never played Zero Mission though... Im still looking to purchase that on Ebay or waiting for it to come on VC... dunno whats taking sooo long though... <_<

I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
MohammadBadir said:
I'm never gonna stop playing Metroid Fusion. Ever.

I can say the same thing about Super Metroid... I can dare to say that was my favorite game on the SNES that I owned... Metroid Fusion was great too though..  had a twist to the whole evil twin story.. 

Never played Zero Mission though... Im still looking to purchase that on Ebay or waiting for it to come on VC... dunno whats taking sooo long though... <_<

Zero Mission's awesome! It probably would've been my favorite had it been longer (it's really short, even with the added mission!).

AZWification said:

Super Mario World and Jak & Daxter.. Both awesome games.

Ive owned every incarnation of SMW it seems... Had the Vanilla SNES one, the GBA one(my favorite), and the Wii one... I don't think i've finished a game more than this one (considering on the GBA one I have 999 lives and 999999999 points... lawl, also with full special complete and all gold yoshi coins gathered). It's the 2nd game I EVER beat and I personally think its better than SMB3... I still blow out the dust from it and put it into my GBA to this day...

Mega Man 3
Street Fighter Alpha 2

Around the Network
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
AZWification said:

Super Mario World and Jak & Daxter.. Both awesome games.

Ive owned every incarnation of SMW it seems... Had the Vanilla SNES one, the GBA one(my favorite), and the Wii one... I don't think i've finished a game more than this one (considering on the GBA one I have 999 lives and 999999999 points... lawl, also with full special complete and all gold yoshi coins gathered). It's the 2nd game I EVER beat and I personally think its better than SMB3... I still blow out the dust from it and put it into my GBA to this day...

Super Mario World happens to be my 2nd favorite game of all time.. Behind only Mario Galaxy 1.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I've recently completed Mega Man 2 finally for the first time ever. On my NES, with the original cartridge. Needless to say, great game, but I knew that already.

I'm also occasionally playing either Super Mario World or Super Mario Bros. 3 on my SNES recently. I have the All-Stars + Mario World cartridge so that's convenient.

I have been consistently playing a couple games on PC for a long time now though. I've been playing Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, SimCity 4 and Anno 1602 ever since they were released over a decade ago. I'd consider those 6th and 5th gen games respectively.

Hiku said:

I've been wondering, how do people count these generation? I only get up to 6.

1.) Nes/Master System
2.) Snes/Megadrive (Genesis)
3.) PlayStation/Saturn/N64/
4.) PlayStation 2/GameCube/Xbox/Dreamcast
5.) PlayStation 3/Xbox360/Wii
6.) PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Wii U

Do people count back to before NES? (Atari, etc?)

Yes, it's generally agreed upon that there's two generations before the NES era (which makes the NES era the 3rd Gen), the one with the Atari 2600 and it's many competitors and the first one with only Pong consoles. I even have systems from those early generations, and considering the giant differences I wouldn't want to count them together with my NES in one generation .

Hiku said:

I've been wondering, how do people count these generation? I only get up to 6.

1.) Nes/Master System
2.) Snes/Megadrive (Genesis)
3.) PlayStation/Saturn/N64/
4.) PlayStation 2/GameCube/Xbox/Dreamcast
5.) PlayStation 3/Xbox360/Wii
6.) PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Wii U

Do people count back to before NES? (Atari, etc?)

Yes.  The NES generation is actually the third generation.  The Magnavox Odyssey was considered part of the first gen, and the Atari 2600 part of the second gen.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I've been playing some Star Wars: Dark Forces. It's a DOS game, and I'm having a lot of fun. Makes me wish for a brand new fps on the style for those more oldschool FPS (though adapted for modern times obviously). I plan to start either Wild Arms or Dragon Quest 3 when I have the time.