By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DriveClub vs Forza Horizon 2 (XBO) (FW Sales) - Results In!

Which Will Sell More

DriveClub > Forza Horizon 2 332 49.92%

Forza Horizon 2 > DriveClub 187 28.12%

Nearly Dead Even 40 6.02%

See Results 104 15.64%

Total:663

A lot of banned users in this thread...

Anyhow... I'm not surprised Driveclub did better. PS4 has a bigger audience and that platform is lacking racing games at the moment.

If The Crew and Project Cars are good, that might hurt Driveclub's legs.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Well Forza is clearly the better game, Driveclub just had a 11+ million userbase compared to 6 million on Xbox. Not making an excuse just a fact.

I'd say Forza is the better rated game. Doesn't mean it's a better game, overall. If that's your opinion, though, it's fine (albeit they're actually pretty different in a lot of ways).

OT: I expected DRIVECLUB to sell better. No shock there.

Well... I'm pretty sure FH2 scored significantly better because it's the overall better game.

Is Driveclub Sony's best racer? No. And I say that objectively.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

NobleTeam360 said:
super6646 said:

I can't believe people thing DC is better!

Well Forza is clearly the better game, Driveclub just had a 11+ million userbase compared to 6 million on Xbox. Not making an excuse just a fact.

Pretty much this.

Another example games that shows that reviews don't matter apart from larger fanbase.

CGI-Quality said:
Mr Puggsly said:
A lot of banned users in this thread...

Anyhow... I'm not surprised Driveclub did better. PS4 has a bigger audience and that platform is lacking racing games at the moment.

If The Crew and Project Cars are good, that might hurt Driveclub's legs.

The X1 has a mere one racing game more.

If one is lacking, they're both lacking (which I'd agree with). Means nothing after the first year, though. The PS3 and 360 had Ridge Racer 6/7 and Need for Speed Most Wanted (360)/Carbon by this time in the gen. Also, with Project CARS now releasing in March, it will do little-to-nothing to DRIVECLUB's sales.

Look at it this way. The Xbox One launched with a medicore NFS and a great sim racer. So racing fans on X1 were already more satisfied with that genre.

To the contrary, PS4 just had that medicore NFS. Based on trailers Driveclub seemed like the game PS4 fans were hoping for. But I don't think it was.

Recently Completed

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:
I'm actually shocked Driveclub did better, especially with its horrible launch.

Driveclub, even in its current state, is a solid and addictive game...

Pirateogta said:
Forza Horizon 2 was the better performer with a higher attach rate. Driveclub should be selling 2 times as many copies as FH2 considering the PS4's install base is 2x larger.

A new IP should outsell an established Microsoft brand?

I suppose, if you think little of Forza.

CGI-Quality said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well... I'm pretty sure FH2 scored significantly better because it's the overall better game.

If Meta scores detemine what games are "better" than Uncharted/The Last Of Us are better than nearly all of Microsoft's exclusive franchises. In my world, I don't judge games like that.

I have no comment to make on the quality of DC (i don't know shit about what makes a racer good or bad, they don't interest me outside tech), but i agree on what you say about metacritic. 

Metacritic is a great way of making non-subjective comparisons, especially on a large scales (like in my metacritic thread), but it's an absolutely awful way of directly comparing the quality of select titles. Even more so when you remember that metacritic is a generalized view, so individual opinions can be completely different, especially with niche titles.

Unfortunately, the latter is what most use it for :/

Why do we make threads like these comparing the sales when it's gonna get the usual,"well PS4 has more console out there" type comments?

Do people not know that beforehand!?

CGI-Quality said:
Mr Puggsly said:
CGI-Quality said:

I'd say Forza is the better rated game. Doesn't mean it's a better game, overall. If that's your opinion, though, it's fine (albeit they're actually pretty different in a lot of ways).

OT: I expected DRIVECLUB to sell better. No shock there.

If Meta scores detemine what games are "better", then Uncharted/The Last Of Us are better than nearly all of Microsoft's exclusive franchises. In my world, I don't judge it like that.

Uncharted and The Last of Us are better than most of MS's exclusives. They're the best games in Sony's arsenal. The metascores reflect that.

Sometimes metascore can be flat out wrong. Killzone 2 was over rated and it faded into obscurity.

In the case of Driveclub, its a game with flaws and the next release will likely change a lot.

Recently Completed